Investigation

Kokichis pov

I felt sick. Not only was one of my closest friends shot in front of me yesterday but today my own classmate keade was murdered. I had hoped that mokotos words were true. That there truly wouldn't be another killing game but I suppose  that was naive of me to think. Shuichi looked worse as he stared in horror at keades lifeless body. I knew it would break him to inspect her so I pulled on his sleeve to get his attention.

"what do you want kokichi?" the detective asked nervously. Maki glared at me threateningly. She probably  thought I was trying to mess with him. I can't blame her for thinking that its what I'm known for.

"how about I investigate this room and you, maki and kaito can check the incinerator to see if the culprit tryed to burn any evidence" a look of relief washed over shuichis face

"that's a good idea kokichi we'll go look there now"

The three of them left and kaito even whispered a quick thank you to me. I smiled, it felt good not to be a confusing jackass for once! But of course people will freak out if I'm normal for too long so I quickly threw on my childish persona and yelled

"big sis kiyoko! I wanna help out in the investigation!" kiyoko looked up startled.

"big sis?" she questioned

"yep! Your my big sis now!" I said hugging her whist. She tensted up at the contact. I guess she's not used to physical contact. I could here mokoto laughing. I frowned at him

"makoto you lazy bum! Why aren't you helping with the investigation?"

"well we don't really need to
investigate, Leon clearly the killer! Sayaka saw him herself." I rolled my eyes. He's so quick to believe her it's almost sad!

"we still need to investigate dum dum" I said putting my hands on my hips. "now go make yourself useful and ask for everyone's testimoni at the time of the murder." mokoto nodded and left the room.

"asking for people's testamonis, that's a good idea" kiyoko said thoughtfully. "with thinking like that I think you'd make a good partner on this case"

"yay! I get to help out big sis!" I yelled clapping my hands childishly. She gave me a strange look before clearing her throat.

"I'll check the body and you can check the rest of the room."

"kay" I said excitedly as I got on my knees to serch the room.

I saw a black smudge from behind the bed. I moved the bed to discover it was ashes. Something was burnt here.

"hey big sis I found something here!" I yelled catching her attention. She strolled up casually to me.

"mmm something was burnt here" she muttered

"yep that's what I figured" I replied. She placed one of her gloved hands into the ash pile. She pulled out a thin piece of cloth.

"seems some of the clothing escaped the flames" koyoko said inspecting the cloth.

"oh I get it! The killer must have burnt their bloody clothing in order to erase any evidence."

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
BRUNT CLOTHING

"yes but how did they manage to do that" I knew what she was getting at. The killer would need a match or a lighter to start the fire in the first place. I checked the drawers and found that certain item.

"here! The killer used these matches to burn the shirt."

TRUTH BULLET AUIRED
MATCHBOX

"very good kokichi" koyoko said smiling slightly. Wait a minute, did she already know about the matches and was just testing me. I feel offended that she'd test me on something so easy! She patted my head fondly. I pouted at her. Just because I act like a kid doesn't mean everyones can treat me like one! She chuckled at my repose and took my hand.