A New Day

Mokotos pov

I woke up on kaito dormitory floor feeling confused until I remembered. kaito had invited me here to train in order to get my mind off things. I guess we accidentally fell asleep. I looked over at the others who had also fallen asleep. Kaito and maki were curled up together and shuichi was lying on his side hugging his knees (I sleep like that). I smile sadly. When all this started we were a group of six now we're a group of four. I never let this happen again never!

"I have no idea how you assholes sleep like that!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by mondos gruff voice. Oh right, I forgot he and kaito share a room.

"oh sorry mondo was I bothering you?" I asked meekly.

"what no! Shit how the hell are you bothering me just by sitting there." I stayed silent. I guess that was pretty stupid to ask but crap I don't want to get punched again!

"say could you help me out with something?" he asked.

"Umm sure what is it?" oh god he isn't going to ask me to vandalise something is he!?

"I was kind of a dick to Leon when I thought he was the killer and I figured I should apologise to him" my eyes softened, that's right Leon! I gotta apologise to him too.

"thing is I'm not very good with
words" the biker said running a hand though his much fluffier poupadour."I was thinking I could show him how sorry I am instead but I not sure how."

"show him how sorry you are" I muttered to myself. He's got a right to be confused. We're trapped in a school and our gift shop sucks! So how are we supposed to show him if we can't even get him a decent gift!

"I got it" I jumped to my feet, an idea coming to mind. "let's bake an apology cake! I'm sure kurima can her help us out"

"that's a great idea!" mondo said clapping me on the back "come on let's get to the kitchen." he dragged me out the door before I could even wake the others.

We got to the Dinning Hall and peared in. Leon was already there with ryoma, rantaro and taka. I guess there friends now. Kokichi and chihiro were also there sitting in the far back along with miu who was teasing the hell out of kiibo. Other than those guys the hall was empty. It made sense it was pretty early. Me and mondo dashed to the kitchen before anyone could see us.

Kurumi spun around in shock.
"what are you two doing in the kitchen?" kurumi said in a scolding tone I'd expect from my own mother "I hope you're not looking for snakes cause as I already told kokichi no one allowed to take food out of here but me!"

"sorry kurumi but we were hoping you could help us with something" I said politely

"Well of course. What is it you need" kurumi said with a kind smile.

We explained our plans to kurumi and she agreed to it, even telling us that we were "kind souls" for this. Mondo was surprisingly good at baking. He even told me that he would often bake things for his gang! Definitely not what I expected from the tough as nails biker.

When the cake was finished we walked over to Leons and placed it down in front of him. His eyes widened as he read the writing "sorry Leon". He teared up a little but quickly rubbed them away before he thought anyone saw. "thanks guys this is really sweet" everyone else crowded around and we were about to dig in before a certain astronaut kicked down the door.

"dude what the hell! Why'd you bail on us!" kaito yelled looking hurt.

"sorry kaito it's just we were baking an apology cake for Leon and-"

"cake?" the boys eyes lit up as he spotted the cake on the table "cake!" the astronot yelled as he excitedly pulled shuichi and maki towards the table.

We all ate cake and laughed. The events of last night erased from our minds. But of course he had to come back to remind us.

"hey guys I see your celebrating" monokuma said popping out of no where. "well I got a reward for you guys for making it through the class trail! A few new rooms have opened up for you to explore! So go on explore!" with that monokuma vanished.

"he's rewarding us for killing our friends" chihiro said looking horrified. Everyone else looked equally horrified.

"should we explore? I mean there could be a way out now" hina said hopefully.

"if there was then they wouldn't have left it open for us you bafoon" Byakuya said snarkly

"well it won't hurt to check" sakura said quick to take her friends side. We all agreed and went to check the new rooms.