Friends Stand Together

Makotos pov

I stood in front of kokichis drom with worry in my heart. I knocked three times. No answer. Not being able to control myself I burst through the door. The purple haired boy was curled up in bed. Chihiro did say that he was sleeping didn't he? Well I'll just wait until he wakes up. There's something important that I need to talk to him about.

Two hours of me pasently waiting passed and the boy finally started to rise. He looked at me in a confused matter while he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"makoto what are you doing in my room?" he asked.

"kokichi there's something I need to talk to you about." I said firmly.

"ok then talk"

I took a deep breath "I know you upset about kiyoko and honesty it is my fault! I don't know if I can ever live with myself knowing what I done to kiyoko! So I just wanted to apologi-"

"you don't have to apologise" kokichi cut me off "I was just angry of course it wasn't your fault. Nothing could have stopped the masterminds plans"

I smiled and gently placed a hand on his shoulder "kokichi I don't want you to suffer alone anymore. That's the reason you took all those pills. You almost died!"

"would have been better if I did die" my blood ran cold at those words "all there is is death and Dispair in this place. I've lost so many people I love. It's only a matter of time before I lose the rest of you. So it would be better if I just dropped dead!"

*Smack*

I smacked him hard across the face. He held his hand to his cheek in shock. "don't you dare say things like that! Don't you remember what kiyoko said? She wanted you to survive no matter what! Are you really going to abandon her request without a second thought?"

Kokichi began to sob heavily "but big sis put so much pressure on me. I can't solve the mysteries of the school I can't!"

I pulled him in for a hug "maybe not alone but when friends work together they can do anything. We're all going to get though this together. So what do you say kokichi? Will you be my kiyoko though these hard times?"

He nodded. There was a spark in his eyes. One I was so used to seeing in the young leader. He got up and ran out the door.

" kokichi where are you going? He peeked in the door, grinning widely

"I'm going to make a deal with Monokuma that he can't refuse!"

"wait what!?"

Kokichi took off running. I ran after him. We both ended up in the gymnasium.

"oh monokuuuuma" kokichi yelled at the top of his voice.

"wait kokichi tell me the plan here!" I said desperately

"what do you brats want!? I was in the middle of my favourite TV show!" a very ticked of Monokuma appeared.

"aww I thought we were your favourite TV show" kokichi pouted.

"no no no you guys are my second favourite TV show! My all time favourite TV show is dorimon!"

"of course" kokichi sighed "anyway I have an offer you can't refuse!"

"alright hurry it up so I can get back to my show!"

"Well there's nine of us left right? Now you could have us do the same rinse and repeat process or we could really set this finaly with a bang!"

"I'm listening"

"what do you say we hold a trail for the mystery of the school and the identity of the other classes mastermind. If we win then we're allowed to walk out of here but if you win then you may punish us in anyway you like"

"kokichi that-"

"brilliant!" Monokuma laughed "I like your way of thinking kid! You'd make a fine mastermind yourself your know"

"ha like I'd ever be a mastermind! Masterminds are just cowereds that hide away in the dark!"

"whatever you say buttercup! Anyway I'll open all the locked doors so you can investigate to hearts content. Phuhuh bye bye!"

"kokichi what where you thinking!? This whole thing is a huge risk" kokichi pouted at me.

"you said that when friends work together they can do anything. I took those words to heart so you better not bail on me."

I was touched. Kokichis doing all of this because of what I said to him. Then there's no way I can back down now!

"of course I'm not! Now let's go tell the others what we have to do!"