Malfunction

Makotos pov

We all took our places at the stands and begun our deadly class trail. This time I really have no idea who the killer could be but I won't give up! I'll solve this case. For the sake of hope!

"ok so dose anyone have any idea how gonta died in the first place?" hina asked "I mean just like the rest of us he was just sitting there."

"oh maybe he was injected with poison like ryoma!" Hiro said confidently.

"then he would have been bleeding from the mouth you idiot" Leon sighed.

"then maybe he died from shock" taka suggested "I've heard of that happening in simulations before."

"well that's true but it's very rare and it's more likely to happen to older folk" chihiro replied.

"actually guys I think he died in the game." I said catching everyone's attention. "and this burse on his stomach is his cause of death!"

"makoto weren't you paying attention" chihiro scolded "mui said that the avatars wouldn't affect our real bodies"

"plus it would take more than a bruse to kill a big guy like gonta" hina argued

"well mui lied about that and here's the proof" I showed them the data screen "this is proof that gonta died in the game world!"

"so we could  have died at any time" chihiro said in disbelief.

"gahh I'm never trusting technology again!" Hiro yelled

"but why would she lie about something like that" taka muttered

"good question taka and I think I can answer it!" I pulled out kokichis avatar sheet. "kokichis avatar was made to freeze up when miu touches it. Therefore I think it's pretty clear that mui planned to kill kokichi!"

There was gasped from everyone except miu and kokichi who stayed quiet. Why isn't she defending herself?

"well we know who the killer is right? We can vote now right?" Leon asked looking ready to end this.

"no. There's still one little mystery left and until we solve that we can't say mius the killer!"

"well what is that mystery?" kiibo asked.

"kokichi" I directed my attention to the smaller boy "you were the intended murder victim but gonta ended up dead. Care to explain?"

"Well how would I know" kokichi said looking nervous.

"kokichi you were the intended victim I doubt you had no run ins with miu" shuichi said backing the boy into a corner.

"fine I did see the dumb bimbo but I don't see the point in mentioning it since it went exactly how you said" the boy was sweating bullets at this point. I've never seen him look so nervous before.

"kokichi I would appreciate it if you told us the story from your point of view" kiyoko said softy.

Kokichi sighed "fine mui tryed to kill me on the rooftop, gonta tryed to stop her and suffered for it. There are you happy?"

"your lying" shuichi said simply.

"what! You can just say shit like that" kokichi said shaking.

"guys leave kokichi alone." chihiro said standing up for his best friend.

"I'm sorry chihiro but I can't" I said.

"why not!? Can't you see that your bringing up unnecessary trauma for him" chihiro was trembling with anger. It was so unlike the normally timid chihiro.