The Death Of A Detective

Kiyoko pov

"Well you guessed correctly! The killer this time round is kiyoko!" Monokuma said gleefully. I bet the masterminds are happy things went according to plan.

"kiyoko are you really the killer" makoto asked.

"no this is a trap set by the masterminds and its a trap that I.. Failed to get out of"

Kokichi was painfully sobbing. I walked up and hugged him.

"shhh kichi it's alright" I tried to reassure him but he pushed me away angrily.

"it's not alright!" he screamed "your going to die! Your going to die and you haven't even done anything wrong!"

"I know, life's unfair sometimes but shouldn't give up hope! Kokichi your so intelligent and your care so much. I know that my work is in good hands while you're here"

"but-"

I pulled him close and whispered in his ear. "survive kokichi survive no matter what"

"now I've prepared a very special punishment for the ultimate detective"

"your the only one who can uncover the mysteries of the school. I leave the rest to you"

"let's give it everything we got! It's punishment Time!"

"I'll miss you little brother"

Shuichis pov

Kiyokos punishment was hard to watch. Once again the masterminds killed a innocent girl for their own gain. Damn it its just like kaede!

Kokichis sobs were hard to listen to. It was just so out of character for the lier. Sure we were getting to know the kokichi without the lies and deseption but seeing him cry and suffer with the rest of us is definitely something I'm not used to.

Kokichi suddenly stopped crying. His face was twisted with anger. He marched up to makoto and punched him.

"you idiot!" he jumped on top of him and punched him repeatedly.

"we could have saved everyone! We could have got out of here if we did the trail right! So why?" he pulled him up by the shirt

"why did you sacrifice her!"

Leon and taka pulled him off of makoto. They tried to consult the boy but it didn't seem like he was willing to listen.

Makoto just lay there not even attempting to get up. Poor guy properly feels responsible.

"hey makoto" he turned to me, tears brimming in his eyes " kokichis just upset its not really your fault. There's nothing we could have done. The only other outcome would be sacrificing you and that wouldn't have been any better. So let's just go back to our dorm ok"

I reached out my hand. He took it and we all walked back to the elevator feeling defeated.