Anti-despair Pills

Chihiros pov

I walked towards my dorm room. I was worried about kokichi since he hasn't left his room since kiyokos execution. I opened the door slowly.

"hey kokichi I'm coming in. I hope you're not still in bed you lazy-ahh"

I screemed at the sight before me. Kokichi had just swallowed a bunch of strange pills.

I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him "kokichi spit it out. SPIT IT OUT!" it was no use. Kokichis eyes looked distant. The pills have probably already taken effect.

With no other options left I began punching kokichi in the stomach. After a few jabs kokichi threw his guts up, collapsed to the ground and held his stomach in pain.

I breathed a sigh of relief and pulled him into a hug. He clung to me, sobbing quietly. I gently stroked his hair.

"shhh kokichi it's alright. I know it hurts but you'll feel better in a minute. I'm not going to leave you. Not ever."

He soon relaxed into my arms and his eyes drooped slightly. He must be tired. I wasn't the strongest boy but I had built up some muscles training with mondo so I was able to scoop kokichi up and place him into bed no problem.

I stayed with him until he fell asleep. Then I stood up on shaky legs. I have to talk to the others about this.

Makotos pov

We were eating lunch in the dinning hall when chihiro burst though the doors. His face as pale as a ghost.

"chihiro are you ok?" I asked. He didn't answer he just showed me a strange bottle of pills.

"do any of you know what these pills are?"

"oh those are Anti-despair pills" shuichi replied.

"anti what now" hina asked

"you don't know what Anti-despair Pills are? Man that must be nice" miu muttered.

"you see suicide rates are really high for teenagers where we come from   so  everyone under 18 is supposed to carry them around for when you're feeling depressed." shuichi explained "that's kokichis pills isn't it?"

Chihiros face turned even paler if possible "kokichi just tryed to overdose on these pills"

I froze.

"yeah it is pretty easy to accidentally overdose on Anti-despair Pills" shuichi continued "That's why you're not supposed to take them on your own"

I felt a little better knowing kokichi didn't overdose on purpose but it still didn't change the fact that he nearly died!

"is he ok?" taka asked worriedly

"yeah I got him to throw up and now he's resting" chihiro said reassuringly

"I'm going to see him" I said. I still felt responsible for what happened last night so I had to make sure he's ok

"Umm makoto kokichis sleeping so you probably shouldn't-"

"I'm still going" I marched out of the dining room before anyone could stop me.