For My Country

Shuichis pov

We all took our places at the stands. I had a good idea on who the killer was but first I  have to convince the others that this wasn't a suicide!

"what are we even doing arguing about this? Ryoma obviously offed himself!" mui argued.

"actually there's evidence that suggests that ryoma didn't hang himself." kiyoko said calmly.

"really big sis?" kokichi tilted his head cutely.

"yes. Why don't you tell them shuichi?" why is she passing it on to me!?

"Umm Well the choke mark around ryomas neck is too thin. It suggests that he was hanged after death and not before it"

"your going to base that shit off of a choke mark" miu said irritated

"no there's more proof! According to Leon he got a strange note asking him to go to the dojo. Ryoma saw the note, knocked Leon out and took his place. Knowing that can you still say its a suicide?"

"then how about this!" mui said with a confident smile "Leon lied about the note and he's the real killer!"

"what! How many times are you people going to accuse me of murder!?" Leon complained.

"no the letters definitely real. I have it right here" I pulled the letter out. I noticed kokichis face turn pale. I wonder what's wrong?

"I bet Leon wrote that letter to trick everyone!" miu insisted

"I've had many study sessions with Leon and I can say for a fact that that's not leons handwriting!" taka said confidently.

"oh so I made a mistake. That's rare" miu muttered

"it's not that rare for you to make a mistake. Your entire existence is a mistake!" kokichi giggled.

"Ouch" makoto muttered

"anyway I think we should start talking about ryomas real cause of death" I said bringing everyone's attention back.

"huh? You know his real cause of death?" hina asked.

"well kiyoko has an idea don't you kiyoko?"

"yes I believe he was injected with poison" everyone gasped. "the bleeding from the mouth and the small hole at the back of his neck all point towards it."

"but wouldn't you need a syringe to do that?" kiibo asked "I didn't see anything like that"

"I did!" kokichis yelled excitedly "it was hidden in the cherry blossom petals. Hiro stood on it like a idiot!"

"hey don't be mean!" Hiro yelled.

"now there's no room for doubt ryoma was definitely injected with poison" kiyoko said confidently.

"yeah but where does that get us" Hiro said suddenly "anyone could have sent the letter and poisoned ryoma. We don't have any leads! We're doomed man doooooomed"

"actually I do have a lead" I spoke up.

"you do? Oh shuichi you really are a gardein angel!"

"I don't know if I'd go that far" I said feeling embarrassed "I found this on ryomas body" I showed them the hair.

"umm hair?" chihiro said confused.

"ryoma must have gotten into a struggle with the killer and managed to pull some their hair out" kiyoko explained.

"these hairs also happen to be gray. I wonder who they could belong to... Kiruma!"

She looked shocked as I pointed the finger at her but she quickly recovered.

"your really going to blame me over some strands of hair that could've easily been planted there? Do you not have any more proof?"

Crap I'm stuck! There's no more proof that she the culprit.

"nothing else to say? Well then I suggest we move o-"

"actually mama-chan that handwriting in the letter looks awfully similar to yours" kokichi looked like he was forcing the words out.

"kokichi no you too" Kiruma sighed "stop with this foolishness!"

"I have a list of ingredients mama-chan wrote down for me so I wouldn't get lost. Let's see if they match"

"no! Stop it!"

We compared both notes and the handwriting was identical.

"I guess we found our killer" hina said in disbelief.

"wait! Please don't vote for me! I need to stay alive for my country!"

We didn't listen of course but when she was begging us like that it made voting all the harder.

Once voting time was over leon grabbed Kiruma by the coller

"why did you kill him? He was trying to find a reason to live! I was trying to help him find a reason."

Flashback

"sorry you have to share a room with me kid" ryoma said as we reached the door.

"huh whys that?" I asked.

"well you're sharing a room with a killer. I managed to take down a mafia with just metal tennis balls"

"wow that's sounds so cool!" I said in awe

"I'm nothing of the sort. I'm a worthless human that doesn't deserve to suck air" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"don't talk about yourself like that! Life is special and everyone deserves it especially a nice kid like you"

"really? Cause I haven't found any reason to live"

"then I'll help you! We'll do every fun thing on planet earth if that's what it takes. I promise"

He gave me a weird look "your a funny kid you know that"

"more like awesome! Now let's get some rest"

End of flashback

His hands were trembling at this point "WHY!!!"

"I did it for my country" Kiruma replied. "I thought if I didn't act hasty this time I could escape with everyone and no one would have to be sacrificed. But then I saw the tapes, I saw how my country was failing without me. That's why I can't die. I NEED TO SURVIVE NO MATTER WHAT!"

Then she took off running and thus began Kirumas cruel and unusual punishment.

Kiyokos pov

"mama-chan was just so nice. It's hard to imagine that she'd kill someone again. Though I guess deep down I knew it was a possibility. Not to mention Leon really upset about ryomas death and I don't know how to help anyone! I feel so useless" he sighed then flashed me a smile.

"thanks for the therapy session big sis I needed that"

I smiled at him "no problem. I'm always here if you need to talk about anything."

He gave me a hug but quickly pulled away looking embarrassed. "I'm going to go back to my dorm. Chihiro will worry about me if I'm gone for too long."

"alright goodnight"

"night"

I sighed. Kokichi always seemed to have trouble showing his true emotions so I feel like getting him to talk about it is doing him good. Heh it like a took up the big sister role he appointed me. How funny.