(12) Don't Hold Back

Y/N

I was worried for Deku and Uraraka, since they seemed really out of it after their battle. Iida was named MVP of the battle, to which Yaoyarozu explained to the class why. I shot her a small smile as she finished, in awe of her inspection abilities.

Now it was my turn. I was nervous of course, but I realized something when the teams were announced. I would be on the villain team with Ojiro, and we'd be going up against Todoroki and Shoji. I walked over to Todoroki, tugging on his sleeve.

"Um.. please don't hold back today, Todoroki-kun!" I squeal, just barely loud enough for him to hear. He saw me in my weakened state. Normally if I was in a real battle my mind would've been distracted from those feelings, focusing on the battle in front of me. However.. just standing there and watching, not being able to do anything took its toll on my mental state.

His eyes flashed with a hint of.. concern(?) before he nodded and turns away. "Oh by the way, just Todoroki is just fine."

After that, I head back to Ojiro as we begin formulating a strategy. "I saw him use ice during the quirk assessment test, so his quirk definitely involves the use of ice somehow." I state as we pool together what information we had.

"His dad is Endeavour, the flame hero so we should probably watch out for fire as well."

I nod, before continuing, "He was a recommendations student, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a decent amount of control on his quirks either.. Shoji on the other hand can't do long ranged attacks, because his quirk isn't suited for that. He'll probably be able to tell Todoroki exactly where we are though.."

I pause, thinking before I continue. "Todoroki is probably smart, so he'll want to wrap things up as quickly as possible, and the quickest way to do that would be freezing the building and us in our tracks."

Ojiro nods, catching on. "So assuming he'll try to do that first, we'll counter with your fire then?" I nod.

He appears to be blushing slightly, making my arms unconsciously wrap themselves around my body.

I continue, "If he does decide to use his flames, I can make a protective barrier for you. I have quite the resistance to strong flames, so I should be fine. If I stay here to guard the weapon, do you think you capture Shoji?"

He replies, "Yeah, I think I can do that."

Once we get inside and set up the bomb, Toshi tells us that the heroes are entering. I look out the window just in time to see them walk in, while Shoji walks back out a few seconds later. 'When I thought they wanted to get this over quickly, I didn't think it would be that fast..'

"Ojiro, trust me for a second okay?" He nods, as I feel the air begin to chill.

Producing Purple Flame, I create a slide and send him down, making sure he was safe before facing the doorway. I could hear the cracking of ice heading my way, so I quickly put a sphere like shape of fire surrounding the weapon, so the ice wouldn't be able to reach it. After that, I put a ring of Orange Flame around myself.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to Ojiro through my circlet.

"Yea.. he hasn't seen me yet," he replies.

"Todoroki is getting close, so we probably won't be able to talk again until this is over."

"Got it. I'll leave him to you then," he states before cutting out.

The dual-haired boy appears before me, his expression emotionless as ever. The rest of the room, aside from where I and the weapon stood, was covered in ice. I stare at him, trying my best not to be intimidated.