(24) Error

(3rd Person)

A while ago

'What the..?'

The police officers who searched the house of the L/N's were baffled, at least for a little while. The body of F/N L/N was long dead, the corpse littered with multiple stab wounds. The arrested criminal seemed to have lost all his sanity, but even that wasn't what confused them.

"Oi, look over here," one of the officers motioned, also grabbing the attention of the pro heroes in the room at that time.

Just a little ways for, the front door was a pile of ash. An eerily large pile of ash, and no one could figure out it meant.

Aizawa has stated earlier to the present group that apparently, when the criminal, who was later determined to be already mentally insane was hauled off that he had an accomplice with him.

But there was no trace of anything. The cameras in the house only covered so much, and it just so happened to be that the area where the pile of ash was found was not one of those places covered. It was a strange situation. The thing was, there was actually another person, but he disappeared.

Vanished. Poofed. Gone.

The camera showed as follows:

A little girl, the youngest L/N, was running to door, distraught. In the corner, and much taller figure could be seen creeping up behind her, no doubt the convict's accomplice, if the knife in his hand was anything to talk about. Both the girl and the man are off the camera, and a blinding flash of light appears, blinding the vision of the cameras for a good few seconds.

On another camera, F/N could be seen pointing a finger at the doorway, just before the flash happened. On yet another one, young Y/N could be seen sprinting away clumsily.

The thing was, the man following Y/N never left the house. F/N's body went limp seconds later. The man stabbing him only continued, seemingly laughing even harder after the flash of light.

The pros came in minutes later. The house was a mess.

"Well, I've heard of situations where individuals get boosts of power around the time of their death," an officer mentioned as the attention was turned away from the videos on the screen.

Surely enough, there had been many cases where the power of one's quirk amplified while they were on the brink of death. 'A final push of power', was what experts called it.

It made sense, considering F/N was a rather strong individual in his own right.

'But power strong enough to turn the villain into ashes? Really?'

Everyone in the room was thinking the same thing, and considering the fact there was no confirmation of the youngest daughter ever inheriting or even manifesting a quirk of her own yet only supported the the idea.

It was unlikely, but also the only explanation that made sense.

Well, that's what they thought at the time.

1 Week Later

There was a jar of ash sitting on a line shelf in one of the various laboratories of the world. The ash began floating and.. moving. It swirled until it could no longer be contained by the glass jar it was sitting in earlier.

The glass shattered in shards, embedding themselves into the walls. A faint glow could be seen from those in the hallway, although there weren't many.

A man appeared, seemingly out of no where.

'Where am I..?'

The man recalled chasing after a child and then he couldn't remember anything else. Just a quick brining feeling that almost immediately disappeared. But he couldn't remember anything else after that.

'Did she kill me or something?'

The criminal was confused, but snapped out of his daze when he heard the shuffling of feet from just outside the room he was in.

Leave. Now.

His instinct was telling him to leave. So he did. There was a window in the room as well. So he broke the glass and sprinted away, deciding to contemplate his fate later.

The empty room was soon after occupied, the people in it confused beyond understanding.

Somewhere else

"Blech.."

"Y/N, are you feeling alright?" Aizawa grunted at the small girl who was throwing up next to him.

She, on the other hand felt horrible. She was completely drained, tired and beyond that terribly sick.

'Ugh.. I hope this never happens again.'

~ October 10th, 2020 ~