(19) Inconviences

Y/N

Yikes. 'Poor Deku...'

I was planning on making my way over to him and ask if he'd wanted to team up, before I realized he'd already found a team. 'Well that was quick. Good for him!'

Since he'd come third in the obstacle course, and probably because of his multi-purposeful quirk, Bakugou had many, many offers for potential teammates. However, it seemed he didn't exactly remember the names of..well, anyone for that matter.

I chuckled a bit and turn around to see Todoroki, who hadn't seemed to fully form a team yet. "Hey, Todo-kun! Can I join your team?"

He looked at me and stopped for a second, as if trying to determine how useful I could be. Then he nodded in agreement and I smiled. His cheeks were kind of red though. 'Huh..?'

"Um.. 'Todo-kun?'" He looked at me quizzically. My face flamed a little, realizing my mistake.

"O-oh yeah, sorry! It kind of just slipped out, aha.. I'll just go back to calling you Todoroki if-"

"No.. That's fine. I kind of like it," he cut in, making me blush slightly brighter.

I looked to see Yaoyorozu and Iida, who'd also been recruited. "Hey guys! Let's do our best, okay?" They returned my smile with one of their own.

"So who's going to be the rider?" Asked Iida to no one in particular.

"I think it should be either Todoroki or Y/N, since right now my quirk would be better suited to help a rider, and so would you're with your engines." Yaoyorozu replied

"Ah, I think I should just take on of the bottom positions, that way I can use my quirk to  defend and besides, I'd do better with support right now anyway.." I trailed off, before remembering something. "Oh! Everyone, can you give me your hands?"

Confused, Todoroki held out his hand to which I grabbed, sending Yellow Flame energy in the form of hope, and Red Flame energy in the form of a physical strength booster. His eyes widened slightly as a sure surge of energy coursed through him.

"Y/N, what did you..?"

"Just a bit of a boost before the battle starts is all," I smiled.

I repeated the same action with Iida and Yaoyorozu, who flushed slightly when I suddenly held their hands.

"Alright, lets do this!"

Todoroki explained that he, Yaoyorozu and Iida be trying to go for the 10 million headband that belonged to Deku's team, while I'd defend the headbands and snatch any ones that I saw passing by. The battle started as we all got into position, and I was fairly confident we'd be able to pull this off and proceed to the next round, however..

'Sorry, Deku!' I mentally apologized as Midnight announced the game had started. It went fairly well at the beginning, as I was picking headbands with the aid of my Purple Flame, which I'd molded into hook-like shapes. We accumulated an abundance of headbands, but Todoroki still had his eyes of Deku the entire time.

At one point, the heterochromia eyed boy froze the ground, and our opponents with it, giving both Yaoyorozu and I the prime opportunity to steal many more headbands.

We were nearing the end of the 30 minute time limit, hot on Deku's team's trail. I noticed someone attempt to steal a bundle of headbands from around Todoroki's neck, so I sent out a barrier like thing made of Purple Flame, knocking them backwards and off their 'horse.'

'5 minutes left'

Iida used his engines to boost our group forwards, with Todoroki narrowly missing the headband. He sent walls of ice about, cornering the greenette's team in a relatively small section of the arena.