(14) Field Trip

Y/N

(Flashback)

So as it turned out, I was right. Iida scolded me a little, but slightly gentler than he had normally done with Bakugou. I wondered why, but just ended up determining that it was because he realized I was still half asleep while listening to him. Then he just went off to scold Tokoyami for putting his feet on the desk once again.

Dad just hit me over the top of my head and sighed, not wanting to deal with me.

(Flashback End)

(Idk what that was for just wanted to add it lol)

A few days later, later we were all loaded up into the bus, on our way to the USJ for some rescue training.

(Hey that rhymes! P.s. I don't exactly know what Thirteen identifies as. I've heard that in the manga, they were confirmed to be a male, however in the anime I believe they have a female voice actor. I'm not normally one to make assumptions, but since I watched the anime first I'm just going to refer to *her* as a female. You can imagine the book is using he/him pronouns if it makes you more comfortable)

I was kind of excited since we were going to see Thirteen again, so that gave me a bit of an energy boost but I was tired nonetheless. Dad had mentioned earlier that we would have the choice as to whether we wanted to use our costumes, or our gym uniforms, since the costume might've given some sort of future disadvantage because we weren't used to them yet.

I wore mine, despite still not exactly enjoying the tightness it had around my body. It defined some of my.. curves, in a way that wasn't super comfortable. I looked around and saw that everyone else but Deku had, too, worn their hero costumes.

'Ah.. it was probably destroyed during battle training.' I thought, my suspicions confirmed when I heard him reply to Uraraka earlier

I sat in between Mina and Kaminari, facing Asui. Since we hadn't really talked much before I decided to start a conversation with her.

"Hey there.. Asui-"

"Call me Tsu. Ribbit." She interjected, giving me a smile.

"Alright then.. Tsu, nice to meet you! What's your quirk?" I asked. 'Aww that was cute.' Everyone else around us was chatting about other things, so our conversation wasn't interrupted quite yet.

"I can basically do anything a frog can. Extend my tongue, jump, and all that stuff. Kero." She replied.

"Oh wow.. that's so cool!" I hear Deku exclaim from beside her.

"I agree.. that's definitely a useful quirk alright!" I chime in.

"Thank you.." she said, her cheeks tinted with a light pink, I'd assumed from getting compliments (No it's cause the cute girl sitting in front of her just called her cool, dummy). She turned over to Deku, stating, "Midoriya, I typically say what's on my mind.."

"What is it Asui?"

"I told you to call me Tsu," she repeats, making me giggle a little. "Isn't your quirk kind of like All Might's?"

My eyes widened slightly as I stared at the floor.

"Oh really? I never really thought about that.. haha." Deku's voice was trembling and he sounded so nervous, I was wondering whether I should jump in or not.

"Wait hold on a second, All Might doesn't hurt himself though," Kirishima cuts in, and I silently thank him. I can hear Deku breath a sigh of relief. "Still though, it must be nice to have such a flashy quirk. My hardening is super strong and can destroy bad guys pretty easily but isn't really pro hero material."