4 Frustration and denial

Adam POV

"What the hell is wrong with you, Cole? You've been unfocused and sloppy in your training for weeks. You're lucky it hasn't affected your matches yet. If you don't pull yourself together and your work doesn't get better, I have no choice but to think about the consequences. We don't want anyone to get hurt by your lack of attention or you hurting yourself. So whatever is going on in your head, fix it," Hunter snarled at me after I messed up some moves in training.

He didn't even give me the chance to reply, he just turned around and walked away. I ran my hands over my face in frustration. Of course he was right that I was not doing my best performance at the moment. The Y/N thing was still bothering me, but I was determined to put it behind me.

 "Hey, Cole, how you doing, bro? And how's your girl Y/N?" Matt Riddle asked me as he met me in the hallway.

"Oh, that's right. I totally forgot about that. You screwed that up, but to be honest I'm not surprised you chickened out before the wedding. Because let's face it, you couldn't have kept a woman like Y/N anyway." That was enough. I grabbed Matt by the collar and pushed him against the wall.

"What the fuck did you just say? You better shut the fuck up before I do it for you! And just for your information, my personal life is none of your damn business. Mind your own fucking business, Riddle. And don't you ever put her name in my mouth again," I told him to his face without taking my eyes off him for a second. After a few moments I let go of him and wanted to leave but he kept running his mouth.

"By the way, I saw Y/N at the mall a few weeks ago. She looked fantastic, although she has changed quite a bit." he smirked and walked away quickly. That was better, because I was about to punch him in the face.

What the fuck did he mean when he said she had changed? Stop it, Adam. Don't even think about it. It was hard enough not to think about Y/N all the time. The guys still asking me what happened didn't help at all. They didn't understand that I didn't want to talk about it. I just told them I had my reasons and that they should accept that. End of the story.

Of course I often thought about what had happened, but now I couldn't change it. Was it the right decision to just leave without talking to her? Probably not, but I was just too hurt and stubborn. It wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

However, that did not help my feelings either. I still loved Y/N and missed her like crazy. How often was I close to calling her? Probably hundreds of times. But that didn't change what she had done.

At some point these feelings would disappear and I would meet someone new. At least I told myself that to feel a little better. To be completely honest, deep inside of me I was not so sure if I would ever stop loving and missing Y/N.