18 First steps

Today was once again an ordinary Saturday morning. Adam was at the gym while I was practicing walking with Aiden. For an hour now we have been walking around the whole house. Aiden couldn't seem to get enough, while my back was aching. My lower back was now quite sore from the forward bent position to hold his small hands. The little one was having such fun walking that I tried to ignore it.

I was just happy that my life was back to normal. Now that the thing with Britt was settled, I could be at ease again. At last week's trial, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison without the prospect of probation as well as psychological therapy. With charges like attempted murder in two cases, burglary, assault, drug possession and stalking, I had hoped for a higher sentence, but it was what it was.

Finally Aiden decided to give me a break when he saw his beloved teddy bear. Said Teddy was wearing a UE shirt of course, how could it be otherwise. He let go of my hands and sat down on the floor and gave his attention to his toy. I also let myself plop down on the floor. I was glad that the little man was a little distracted so that my back could recover a bit.

But not even 10 minutes later I heard the front door open and Adam came home.

"Daddy's home" he called to us from the hallway and Aiden's head immediately went in the direction of his father's voice.

"Listen Aiden. It's Daddy." Aiden crawled over to the lounge chair and pulled himself up. Was he really going to do that now?

"Adam come here! Quick, quick, quick!" I exclaimed as Aiden took the first step. Adam immediately sprinted into the living room and looked around to see why I was so excited.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked before his eyes fell on his son. Aiden wobbled a few steps in Adam's direction before he tumbled and ploped on his butt. His lips began to tremble and he was about to start crying, but Adam quickly lifted him up and praised the little one.

"My goodness. You did so well, Aiden. My son can walk. Daddy's so proud." Adam cooed before placing little pecks on Aiden's cheeks and forehead.

"Mama is also incredibly proud of her little man. And of course of her big man, too," I said and gave Adam a kiss. But we were interrupted when Aiden put one of his little hands on my and the other on Adam's cheek and tried to push us apart. We could not help but laugh.

"What? Daddy can't kiss Mama?" Adam asked and Aiden grinned. Then he looked back and forth between me and Adam.

"What's wrong, son? What do you need?" he wanted to know from Aiden. Aiden pointed in my direction.

"Who is this Aiden? Is that your Mama?" Adam wanted to know. The little one pointed at me again and leaned out of Adam's arms towards me.

"Ma...ma." he said and this time I could not hold back my tears. I took him in my arms and pressed him firmly against me. I rocked him up and down gently.

"Ohhh...my...God...your first steps and the first word in one day... Mama is so happy." I cooed in my son's ear.

"Mama," he said again. At that moment I could have burst with happiness.

After we stayed like this for a few moments, Aiden started to yawn. I looked at the clock and realized that it was time for his morning nap. I carried him into the nursery and gently put him in his crib with Adam watching me while he was leaning against the door frame. I went over to him and grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bedroom with me.

Once there, I closed the door behind us and pulled him towards me. I gave him a little kiss, then another one. Within a few seconds it developed into a full blown make out session. Everywhere he touched me, my skin felt like it was on fire. I let my hands slide to the hem of his shirt and pulled it up until I could pull it over his head. Our lips parted only for that brief moment. His shirt had barely touched the floor when I took the opportunity to push Adam towards the bed. He sat down on the bed and I straddled his lap.

Suddenly Adam interrupted our kisses and looked at me with a serious expression.

"Y/N baby are you sure you want this? We can wait..." Adam said. I pressed my lips to his ear and whispered:

"I know I said I wanted to take it slow, but...we've waited long enough. Don't you think? And I am so happy right now. I want you, Adam. Now."

That's all he needed, and a single look in his eyes told me he felt the same way.

"I love you Y/N," Adam said and pulled my shirt over my head before he started kissing my neck.