Chapter 4

~ Lyla's P.O.V ~

I feel a hand touch my face and I wince in pain. "She's alive," Debra's voice penetrates my conciousness.

I moan and slowly open my eyes. Debra, Vanessa, Lizzie and Maggie surround me. I look around me as my brain tried to understand what was going on.

The last thing I remembered was fainting in the solitary room. Maybe it had been a dream.

"What happened--" my sentence is cut short as a stinging pain silences me. "Careful dear," Maggie says, dabbing my cheek with a warm towel.

"Where am I? I wasn't here last night," I croak, carefully sitting up. Maggie assists me and I am able to get up.

"Same thing I thought when he asked for another maid to clean up his room," Maggie says. I groan in pain and hold my swollen cheek.

Emma looks at me and pulls me in for a hug. "I was so worried," she says in my hair. When she pulls away, I smile at her.

"I was kind of hoping to die there," I admit to everyone.

"Don't say that, dear." Maggie says with sad eyes. I want to feel bad for my words but it was the truth. Not only had Giovanni broken me physical he had broken me mentally.

I limp to the only mirror and a sob escapes my throat as I stare at my reflection.

"Look what he did to me," I say, touching and inspecting my cheek. Emma stands next to me and touches my shoulder in support.

How could I walk out of this room looking like this.

I look at Maggie from the mirror.
"Nice boy, huh? The only I see is a monster," I say with hatred in my voice.

No one says anything knowing I was speaking nothing but the truth.

~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
Violence warning!!!•

I land another blow to the man in front of me. If he thought I would get tired, he was wrong. He would tell me what I needed to know if I had my way.

I move away from him, a devilish grin on my face as I studied the piece of art I had created.

"You don't want to talk? Tell me who you work for you ba***** or I swear you won't like what I'll do to you.... or your family," I pause for emphasis.

He tries to free himself from the chair he was bound to. "Tsk, tsk tsk. Someone is misbehaving," I taunt.

He stops moving and I take it as a sign of surrender. "I shwork for Nikolai Doverik and he ish going to have his revenge on your family," he says.

I nod in response and walk over to a wooden table with a lot of toys laid down according to level of torture it caused.

I didn't want this man to die now because I wanted him to send out a message. My hands find a whip.

"Nikolai doesn't know shit about revenge," I say, wrapping the whip around my fingers. "If you remember, he still hasn't paid for what he did to my family," I tell him.

"Let me tell you something, boy. Nikolai told he loved everything movement he shared with your stupid mother before he ended--"I cut him off with the whip coming in contact with his face.

I would die before I let anyone bad mouth my mother, especially not this man.

"What were you saying, huh? Speak up, idiot," I tell. He looks down, saying nothing else. I thought so.

"Lucho!" I yell for the man in charge of my stables.

A plump man walks in. "I want you to leave a message. When it's received kill him," I order him. Lucho replies with a nod of his head.