Chapter 13

~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
I run my fingers through Lyla's hair and bury my face in her neck loving the rosy aroma her body emanated.

We were currently just holding each other. Enjoying the warmth our body shared.

I knew I was taking a big step admitting I had feelings for her and I'd be putting her in danger if anyone found out about this but she had a point.

Pushing away people that loved me only made me angrier and lonely. I was tired of being alone. It wasn't sure how she planned on helping me but I would try. It would take time but I wanted to change.

She made me want to change.

I smile in her neck. "What are you thinking about?" she asks stroking my back.

She was seated on the desk. I sigh and pull away so I can see her face. "A lot. Are you a vergine?," I ask and she furrows her brows.

"Virgin. Are you a virgin?" I ask and she turns red.

She avoids eye contact. "Yes, I haven't really had time to have a relationship," she mutters and I smirk.

I place a finger under her chin and lift her head so she's looking at me. "You don't need to be shy around me, principessa," I tell her and she smiles.

Our bonding is cut short with a knock on the door.

Her hazel eyes widen and jumps off the table. "Gio are you in there? I have something important to tell you," I hear Roberto say.

I'm compelled to let him in so he knew Lyla was mine but I decide against it. He had been messing with my head at the office and I didn't want to make Lyla uncomfortable.

"He's going to know, Giovanni. Look at the mess we made," she rambles, pointing at the ground where my files now lay.

"Calm down it's just my brother," I tell her but she only freaks out more.

"Your brother. Oh my god, I'm already embarrassed," she squeals.

"It's okay," I tell her when he calls out my name again.

"Come in," I say and the door opens.  Roberto walks in already about to talk when he pauses. He looks at Lyla in shock before his eyes move to me.

"I didn't know you were busy. I could come back later," he says and I shake my head in response.

"She was just leaving," I tell him and turn my attention to Lyla.

"We'll talk later," I assure her and she nods. I watch her leave and turn my attention to Roberto who is smiling like an idiot.

"Don't start with me," I warn and move to my desk. He lifts his hands in surrender and my eyes notice the manila folder in his hand.

"What is that?" I ask, lighting a cigarette.

"This here is our revenge plan, Gio. With this we can get that bastard back for everything he's done to us," he says excitedly.

My brow lifts up in curiosity. He opens it and hands a white sheet of paper to me.

I take it and in there is the picture of the girl we were currently keeping hostage. "Lena Doverik," I read out loud.

Roberto sits across me. "She's Nikolai's second daughter," he tells me and the happiness that washes over my body could lift my entire mansion.

Of course my expression remained flat but I was pleased. I place the paper on the desk.

"It's time for revenge, brother. They say it is a dish best served cold. That's how cold his daughter's corpse will be given to him when I'm done with her," I tell Roberto a huge evil smirk gracing my lips.
------------
~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
I did my best not to trip as my wobbly leg found it's way to the kitchen. I could feel my cheeks heat up as I remember what had happened.

When I'd went to his office, I'd expected the tears, I'd expected the yelling but not the make out session nor the sweet words Giovanni had said to me.

The words, "I'm yours" didn't stop replaying in my head and a new set of butterflies made my stomach flutter.

I wasn't sure how things would work between us but I hoped it progressed from here.

I switch on the lights in the dark kitchen and start to use my hand to fan myself when I catch a figure by the refrigerator.

Emma is standing there looking at me with furrowed brows. Busted.

"Hi," I awkwardly say.

"What were you doing outside?" she asks ignoring my greeting. My mind replays the recent events like a movie and I start to blush once more.

I knew it was pointless trying to lie to someone who knew me more than I knew myself but I gave it a shot.

"I thought I'd get some fresh air because I had another nightmare," I lie.

She hums in thought and brings out a bottle of water. She opens it and gulps, her eyes still on me while she moved.

"And I assume you made out with the fresh air. Let's not forget the hickey both on your neck and shoulder," she points out.

Just as I thought. "Your lips are swollen, Lyla so I advice you try another lie because that didn't work," she says calmly.

"I can't tell you," I say timidly and she laughs.

"You look like you can't wait to spill your guts out. Feel free to keep it to yourself," she says.

I groan and sit on a stool. "I was with Giovanni. Yes he was the one who gave me the hickey," I say and her eyes widen.

She immediately sits across me and I tell her everything that happened and the things Giovanni had told me.

"Are you sure it was Mr. Giovanni or you were just dreaming again," she teases and I playfully glare at her.

"Just kidding," she pauses and her smile falters. She reaches across the table to hold my hands.

"I'm really happy for you cus' but what will happen when he gets married to Giselle. You know he's hell bent on revenge," she tells me and my skin goes back to it's previous colour.

I hadn't thought about that. Would Giovanni drop his alliance marriage for me?

He'd been planning this revenge for years but we'd just confessed our feelings to each other twenty minutes ago.

"I know, Em. I know," is all I say suddenly feeling down.

She continues to ask me questions and I answer them just blushing more and more.

I yawn and hear a creek from our room.

"I think we need to sleep," I say taking it as our cue to go to bed. It was probably just Maggie who'd noticed our empty beds and checking on us.

"You're right. I want more info though," Emma says and yawns.

We walk to our room after putting everything in place. I was going to bed wondering what tomorrow held for me and Giovanni.
                  --- --- --- --- ---
Finally the Giola or Lani ship is moving. I myself can't wait for more chapters.
    Tell me what you think about this chapter. Am I the only one who had a strange feeling for Lyla?
     What will happen next? Will Giovanni open up to Lyla or is his thirst for revenge more than his will to change.
    Find out in the chapters to come.
     -- Gigi