Chapter 25

Above is Carolina Gaitan as Gianna Machiavelli. I know she isn't Italian but neither are the others. I know nothing about looks and whatever.

Feel free to imagine your characters though😁
————————————————
~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
"Lyla," I whisper and brush my fingers against her cheeks that had seemed to maintain their fullness.

Two months had passed by and Lyla was still asleep. Things had been hard for me ever since. I missed her laugh, I missed seeing her eyes light up when she saw me, I missed kissing those full lips and most of all, I missed holding her in my arms.

Things had changed ever since she fell asleep. My days had been hard and I'd become bipolar. Sometimes I could feel so happy about her improvement then I'd explode telling the doctor it wasn't enough.

It'd gotten so bad I had killed the man. I drank and smoked more, desperately trying to forget my sorrows but I only made my life harder.

Diego and Roberto practically ran the business now because of my escape of life.

"Why are you doing this to me? You're ruining my life and yet you manage to look so beautiful," I tell her knowing she could hear me.

I gently sat next to her and studied her features with a faint smile on my lips.

Her brown hair was longer and darker, even though her natural tan skin had turned a little pale, she was still beautiful. Her face was the same thanks to the pregnancy.

My eyes fall to her growing belly and my smile grows.

"Please wake up, Lyla. I know I've been acting stupid but you can't punish me for long. I promised to come visit you and I stopped," I stop and take her hand in mine.

"It was because I was being good for you. I was changing my life for you, mia regina. Life was hard without you and I did stupid things but I swear I didn't cheat on you. I'd never," I immediately assure her.

"I relapsed, Lyla. I went back to who I used to be but worse. I killed with reckless abandon, I — liked you'd say— was killing myself with alcohol and cigarettes but I've left it behind," I tell her.

I look at her face for a while, wondering if it was the right time to do this.

I brought out the case from my fingers and looked at it. I take a deep breath and continue with my story of how I'd made myself a better man.

"My father and mother— yes I now call Rachel my mother. They spoke to me and made me feel ashamed but I didn't let them know it affected me. They said I had to change my ways for you and the baby. I felt like shit and I still do"

"I've been working on a plan to get Nikolai but your protection comes first so don't freak out by what I'm about to say but to the world, you're dead," I say and look down at the case once more.

I slowly get to my knees. "Don't freak out, Lyla. I know you can hear me so please calm down," I beg her.

Mahalia, the new female doctor had warned about my plans. She'd made sure to remind me that Lyla was fragile and doing anything that overwhelmed her could hurt her but I was desperate.

I know I'm being selfish but how would I know if I didn't try.

"I know I've hurt you, Lyla. I couldn't protect you but that's not what hurts. What hurts the most is that I was never able to tell you how much I love you"

" Yes, Lyla. I love you deeply and you have turned me to a romantic. I bring flowers into your room every week and I've written love notes for you. But today I brought something different," I say and pop open the case to show the ring.

It glimmered in the light that had escaped the closed curtains.

"I want to be with you for the rest of my life. The three of us as a family. I want you to be my wife because I love you. I know you can hear me Lyla but I want you to tell me with your lips. I want you tell me you'll be my wife," I say and slip the ring down her finger.

I kneel by her bed for thirty minutes wishing she'd say something or move but nothing. My head falls on our joined hands in disappointment.

It didn't work.

Her fingers move in my hands and I lift my head to see tears running down her cheeks but her eyes were closed.

Her chest moved rapidly and I feared I'd triggered something bad. I'm about to call the doctor when I hear her whisper something.

I turn around to see her eyes open and she's staring at me. My heart lifts up to my throat before falling back in place.

I wasn't sure if I should alert Mahalia or ask her what she said.

She opens her lips once more and I don't need to come close to hear her forced words. "Yes," she whispers.

I smile at her and hurriedly leave the room. Lyla was awake and even though she'd just woken up, she'd agreed to be my wife.

I'd say today was the happiest day of my life.
                   --- --- --- --- ---
Done with another chapter and it is filled with happiness, don't you think?
Lyla is finally awake and she's agreed to be Giovanni's wife.
Tell me what you think about the chapter.

Things are going good, hope they stay that way.
Find out in the next chapter.

P.S I'm not sure it is medically normal for a patient to speak after waking from a coma so don't judge my lack of knowledge cause I'm too young to know this.

I wanted it to be romantic and didn't want her to open her eyes and just stare at him.

Hope you understand my reasons for what I wrote. If not, I still love y'all 😁

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
  -- Gigi