Chapter 21

~Lyla's P.O.V ~
I wake up to a slight sting between my legs and a blush creeps unto my cheeks as I recalled last night's events.

I couldn't believe I'd given myself to Giovanni. Everything felt like a dream that I was yet to wake up from.

I'd loved every bit of it though. Giovanni had treated me with so much care and he'd prepared a bath for me to ease the pain.

Even though he found it hard to say it, I knew he loved me. He just needed some time.

I sit up, wrapping the new clean sheets around my body. I stare at the glass walls that gave me a nice view of the sea.

Giovanni is not in the room but I spot a baby blue box next to me. I smile and read the note on it.

      For the most beautiful woman in my world. Meet me outside when you're dressed.
                               — Gio.

I put the note aside and open the box. Inside is an armless pink cotton dress that should be just above the knee and flowing.

I smile and bring it to my face. It smelt like lavender. With a short giggle, I climb out of the bed and take a hot relaxing shower.

When I'm done, I put on the dress and it is amazing. Exactly my size and simply perfect to me.

I put my hair into a ponytail and I'm surprised to see a woman in the kitchen, moving about as she cooked.

She was dressed in a plain white shirt, black pants and flat shoes.

She turns around to see me and she smiles. She is older than I'd expected. I noticed the slight wrinkles that graced her face but her smile was nice.

Her brown hair was up in a very precise bun and her cheekbones were high and nice.

"Hello dear. Mr. Giovanni is waiting for you by the beach. Breakfast will be ready in seven minutes," she says.

"I'm Lyla. Nice to meet you," I tell her. She seems surprised that I'd spoken to her but she replies anyway.

"Camille, a pleasure. Now go on out, Mr. Giovanni doesn't like to wait," she urges me on.

I smile at her. I walk out of the beach house and immediately spot Giovanni. His back is turned to me and his hands are in his pocket.

He is dressed in nothing but joggers. His favourite thing to wear to sleep.

The pink dress moves against the wind and I brush away the strands that had manage to escape the ponytail.

"Hey," I say to him. He looks at me and smiles, making my heart jump. How could a man be this perfect?

His eyes were brighter than normal, his black hair was ruffled around his face and his unshaven face made him sexy.

I can't forget the accent that seemed to just pull me to him all the more.

"Thanks for the dress," I say, trying to make conversation. "It looks good on you," is all he says.

We both say nothing and just stare at the waves. The tension and awkwardness keeps on growing and I wonder if he was having regrets.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. I should be asking you, I want to say but don't.

Instead I answer the question. "Physically, I feel sore. Emotionally, I feel wonderful and happy," I truthfully say.

He looks at me when I say it. I look at him and keep on talking.

"My whole life, I've been scared of life. I was scared of loving someone or someone loving me because I assumed they'd all die and leave me,"

"Until I met you, Gio. When I first saw you, you scared me then made me hate you. I thought you were a monster until I realised you were just like me. Broken. I started to feel something for you and the night we shared the same bed, I fell in love with you," I admit tenderly.

"Lyla—" he starts but I hush him with my finger on his lips.

"No. You don't need to tell me if you aren't comfortable with it. Knowing you feel it is more than enough for me," I tell him.

He takes the hand on his lips and holds it. He pulls me to his body.

"My turn," he whispers and gives me a little kiss.

"Lyla, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You've managed to touch a part of me I'd lost when my mother died. I...." he cups my cheek.

".... don't know where we go from here but things will change from today," he says and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"As of today, you aren't a maid. You're my woman Lyla and that's all I want you to be. I don't want you to work for me but be by my side,"

"I want to give you everything you want and need, Lyla. I'm not promising a life of peace or no imperfections. I'm offering you life. A life with me," he says, making my heart swell with each word.

"Giovanni, I don't know what to say," I say, tears falling down my cheeks.

"I've never spoken to anyone this way, Lyla. You've turned my world upside down," he says and leans his head against me.

"Will you be mia regina?" he says. I don't understand him so I tell him. He chuckles.

"Queen. Will you be my queen?" he asks again.

I pull away from him only to wrap my hands around his neck and kiss him.

He wraps his hands around my waist. This was answer enough.

When we pull away, my cheeks are flushed.

"So does this mean I'm going to the ball with you. Am I going to be by your side?" I ask in hope.

He looks uneasy. "Sure but it could endanger your life. We are coming out with this big news and I think I'd die if anything happened to you," he says and I smile.

"I'm safer by your side," I remind him and take his hand.

"Let's go in and eat. We can discuss all of this later," I say and we start walking to the beach house.

"I don't care about Nikolai, Gio. I only care about us, my friends and my life I plan to live it to the fullest. With you," I quietly add.

He smiles at me and as we approached the beach house, I realised my entire life had changed by just saying the word "yes".
                    --- --- --- --- ---
Lyla's life has definitely changed. The question is, for good or for the worst?
  Tell me what you think about the chapter.

Giovanni has found a new love just like Nikolai wanted. Can he protect his love? Or will Nikolai win once more.
Find out in the upcoming chapters.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
     -- Gigi