Chapter 7

~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
"Diego?" I call as I run through the records of drugs and weapons for two weeks ago. He hums in response pouring scotch into a cup.

"What happened on the night I came home drunk?" I ask, careful to watch his movements.

"Nothing, why?" he asks all of a sudden interested in his drink.  My left brow arches in question. So something did happen.

"I just thought I'd ask," I stay quiet. "I'm sure that Lyla girl would know something about it," I say. He finally looks at me. Bingo.

"Why would you ask her if she has nothing to do with it," he asks. I wanted to tell him to stop lying to me. I knew something had truly happened the minute he looked at me.

Instead, I say "Because she's been acting weird," I say.

He shrugs. "Maybe it's the fear. We both know everyone is scared of you," he says. I shake my head.
"That's fear. When I say weird, I mean blushing. Acting like something happened," I tell him, looking pointedly at him.

"Look, let's just drop this conversation," he says and I snap. I get to my feet and walk to him.

I grab the cup in his hand and gulp his drink. "Answer the question, Diego. Or I will ask Lyla and I wouldn't be so nice," I tell him.

Diego's sympathy for the innocent or people he believed were innocent disgusted me. It still baffled me how we were best friends.

"Maybe she just likes you," he says.

"Stai mettendo alla prova la mia pazienza," I growl. He sighs in defeat. [Translation; You're testing my patience]

"From what I walked into, you were both kissing. From the hit you got, I assume you forced it on her," he tells me.

My brows furrow the more he spoke. Why would I do that to her? And would she hit me? I realise in anger.

Little pieces of the night came flooding in. "I seduced her but if I remember correctly she kissed me back," I tell him. He gives me a confused look.

"Then why would she hit you?" he asks me.

"To get back at me and you let her," I tell him.

"You deserved it," he mutters. I glare at him but before I can speak, the door to my office opens and Giselle walks in.

"This discussion is not over," I tell him. He rolls his eyes before leaving me with Giselle. She smiles at me and kisses me.

"Hey," she says batting her lashes at me. "Are you ready?" I ask her and reach to my desk to grab my car keys but she stops me.

"Let's do something else. Something fun," she says and pulls me in for a heated kisses. Typical Giselle.

Moments into the kiss, my mind wanders to the drunk kiss with Lyla. I was curious to know how she tasted. I hoped it was like heaven.

----------------
~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
"I'm so dead," I say to myself as I quickly but carefully but back the files I had accidentally dropped to the ground.

I had been told to clean up Mr. Giovanni's study for a meeting he'd be having soon and the last thing I wanted to do was make him pissed.

An embarrassed man is wounded man. I'm setting the files back to their place when the door opens and a man I had never met or seen walks in.

I stand up straight, my hands behind my back as he looked at me. "Who are you?" he asks. I hear the suspicion in his voice.

"Lyla. I'm um Mr. Giovanni's personal maid," I tell him. I brush a strand of hair that had fallen in my face and hoped he didn't notice the mess that I'd tried to clean up.

"Where is he?" he asks and I shrug. The last time I'd seen him was in the morning after the naked incident but I wasn't about tell the stranger that.

"Well, whenever he gets back tell him Roberto came over," he says. "Who are you to him, sir?" I ask. I was definitely not going to give Giovanni the message but I would like to know their relation.

"His brother", he answers.

Oh. "Nice meeting you, Lyla," he says and leaves. I furrow my brows in confusion. He was nice to me and he treated me like a human being. It was hard to believe that he was brothers with Giovanni.

Maybe they were from different mothers, I think to myself and resume my arrangement.  After sometime, I hear the sound of the door close and I turn to see Giovanni standing there.

His face was emotionless as he stared at me. Awkward was an understatement of what I felt right now.

He's holding his suit in his hands and two buttons on his shirt are open exposing some skin and the hickey on his neck.

I don't know why but I clench my fist in jealousy. He wasn't my boyfriend so had no right to be jealous that he was with Giselle or another woman.

"I was just leaving. Excuse me," I say and attempt to walk past him.

I stop in my footsteps when I hear him lock the door. Fear washes over me and I put space between us immediately. What was happening?

"Just the person I wanted to see," he says and comes closer. With each step he took towards me, the more I moved away in fear.

"Why would you want to see me, s-sir?" I stammer.

"There was a particular night I came home drunk," he begins. Oh my God. He knew.

"What happened that day?" he asks. I needed to get out of here.

I ignore his question and try to walk around him. I yelp in pain when he grabs my wrist and pulls me against his body.

"No one walks away from me, principessa", he growls at me. Tears threaten to fall. I was sick of this treatment. I wasn't a rag he could manhandle when he felt like. [Translation; Princess]

"You're hurting me. Let me go," I find the courage to say. His grip only tightens more.

I hit his chest in anger. He could kill me if he wanted to but I wasn't born to be treated like trash.

"Just answer the question and maybe I'll let you go," he tells me, ignoring my protests. I would never tell him what happened.

He'd only make fun of me and my shame would increase. I stay quiet and look at him.

My eyes looked right into his. Challenging him. Daring him to hurt me like he did the last time.

"You won't speak? Fine then. I don't need you to tell me because I know," he says and my cheeks find a way of heating up.

"We kissed and that is where it will end. I'm tired of your clumsy acts and I definitely won't tolerate it because of something that meant absolutely nothing," he says.

Something inside me breaks but I can't place my fingers on it. A teardrop slides down my cheeks. The only thing I'd faced in this house was humiliation and I wouldn't take it anymore.

"Don't try to feed your ego Mr. Giovanni. A kiss from a heartless man like you meant nothing the minute it happened," I lie.

I free myself from his hold and he just looks at me. "Excuse me," I say and leave his office.
                  --- --- --- --- ---
There you have it guys. Chapter seven is done and edited.
   Tell me what you think about both their confrontations.

I don't know if it's the same for the readers but there has been a mixup of chapters. Sorry about that. If there's no problem read on.
       -- Gigi