Chapter 30

~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
My brows slightly furrow in my sleep as I feel a rough finger tracing my hairline. The finger continues to move lower until they land I my lips.

I try not to tense up when it touches my lips once more. They pause and I fear the pervert touching me will try to kiss me.

The finger drops and go to my neck. I open my eyes when I feel his finger dipping into the V-neck  my dress.

I gasp when I meet Nikolai's eyes. I jerk away from his touch and my back hits the cold cemented wall next to the bed I laid on.

He doesn't reach for me but he smirks at my display of shock and fear. He stands upright and moves away from the bed.

My vision is still unfocused and I could just fall asleep once more. I wouldn't dare though. Who knew what this sexually deprived scum would have done if I hadn't woken up.

"The queen finally wakes up," he grumbles.

I hold my head and look at my surroundings. Behind his huge body is a metal desk with different machines and tools set on them.

The room was just a four wall room with dirt stains on them. Or blood.

Using the distance between us as an advantage, I get out of the bed.

"Where am I?" I ask him with a death glare.

He holds his arms around his chest. "America," he says and my eyes widen. America? How? When?

I didn't sleep for long, did I? How would Giovanni find me and what if he was late before this man hurt me?

"I have to admit, Giovanni surprises me. Smart move letting me think I'd actually killed you but stupid move for letting you come out in the open," he tells me but I'm not listening to him.

I wouldn't listen to him insult Giovanni.

Instead, I hold my bump just to assure myself the baby was safe. He notices my actions and he smiles.

"Calm down, baby. I don't hurt children. But I know how to take care of their mothers," he says walking towards me.

I inwardly shudder and move away before he can touch me. "Don't you dare touch me you piece of sh*t," I say before I can stop myself.

His smirk washes away and he grabs me before I can escape him once more.

"Listen here b*tch. I'm the boss here and no one disrespects me. I would definitely love to straighten you out," he growls.

I spit in his face and lets me go in surprise.

He takes a black handkerchief from his suit and wipes his face. Tension and fear rises as he puts it back.

Before I can comprehend what is happening, he hits me hard. I yelp in pain and I'm about to fall to the ground.

He grabs me before that can happen. " You are going to pay," he says as tears start to stream down my face.

He starts me to the bed and I hope for the worst.  A female voice stops him and looks at the direction of the door.

I see a tall beautiful woman with blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Her hair is in a ponytail, her hands are across her chest and she's glaring at the man.

"What are you doing father?" she asks, her accent thicker than Nikolai's. So this was Debra's sister.

Nikolai looks at me and lets me go reluctantly.

"Teaching her lesson. What are you doing here?" he asks in anger but she is not affected.

"To see you kept your promise. The show only starts when Machiavelli arrives," she says and I see his white brows arch.

It seems he remembers I'm here and they both start to speak in Russian.

I know they are talking about Giovanni but it annoys me to know I couldn't understand them.

Was Giovanni already here to save me?

Nikolai looks at me once more but he's grinning.

"You got lucky, b*tch," he tells me.

I watch him leave, the blonde woman left behind. Her glare is gone but her face is void of emotion.

She walks to me and I wince when she touches me. I'm surprised when she helps me up and places me on the bed.

"Please help me," I plead, trying my luck.

"Don't misjudge this action, Lyla. I'm only helping you up because you need to be fit for when my father ends Giovanni once and for all," she says and I immediately shrink.

I say nothing anymore. "I'm Imogen by the way," she says before leaving me alone in the dark room.

I hug my body to myself as my tears pour down my cheeks. The room was cold and my body ached from the previous manhandling I'd gone through.

The thought that I was almost raped was still fresh in my head and I didn't know what I would've done. I didn't know if I have fought back and risked losing the baby and probably my life in the fight.

Or would I have let him have his way with me.

I close my eyes to stop the disgusting thoughts.

" Giovanni," I cry out knowing that that was the only thing keeping me going.

I hold my belly and rub it. "I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise. I won't," I whisper to my baby.

I just hoped, I could keep my promise.
                  --- --- --- --- ---
Poor Lyla, fighting for herself and her baby.
Tell me what you think about this chapter.
    I know this chapter lacks some content but this book was written on paper before I decided to put it down here so it's hard to share the chapters correctly.
     Hope you understand my reasons.

What could Nikolai and Imogen possibly be talking about? Is Giovanni truly in their custody?

Find out in the next chapter.

Funny fact but this emoji is my exact vision of the dress: 👗

#saynotorape

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
  -- Gigi