Chapter 15

~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
"Are you crazy? There's no way I can do that!" Jacob told me and I pouted. I was trying to convince him to hide me in the trunk of Giovanni's car but as expected he declined.

"Come on. You said you owed me one," I told him, reminding him of the time Giovanni had been shot and I had been forced to take care of him.

"No, no, no. I owe you a favor not a death wish. Mr. Giovanni will not only kill you but me," he says and the fear and respect he had for him oozed out of his voice.

He's walking away but I run after him. "I'm begging you Jacob, please," I plead like a baby and he stops in his footsteps.

"Why do you want to follow him anyway? Are you trying to kill him?" he asks and my eyes widen for two reasons.

First of all, I could not tell him why I wanted to follow Giovanni. Secondly, why would I think about killing Giovanni?

"Of course I wouldn't," I say, ignoring the first question. He shakes his head and continues walking to the house. The fear of losing my only chance of getting in the car was something I couldn't stand for so I go low.

"Emma will go on a date with you," I yell and almost smile when he stops moving.

"What?" he asks just to be sure I'd said what I'd said.

"Emma will go out with you if you help me," I say again and I can see the hope in his eyes.

"She won't if she finds out I helped you accomplish your suicide mission," he says.

I smile and walk to him. "I'll be fine. Nothing will happen to me, Jake. Trust me," I tell him.

He looks down at me before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"The boss will be out in fifteen minutes. I'll be by the car waiting," he says and I frown.

"How will I know when to meet you?" I ask.

"Mr. Diego always joins him for things like this so when you see him get in, you leave," he tells me.  I nod in understanding and with a final thank you, I leave to prepare my mind.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
"Such an idiot. He can't even think for himself," I let out, my body vibrating in uncontrollable anger.

"What happened?" Diego asks, toying with a pen between his fingers.

Yesterday, while I was having a good time with Lyla, Lucho had called to tell me the woman we'd been keeping hostage for almost two months had escaped.

I warned him to find her before I got there or he better run away with her because if she was still missing by the time I got there which was today, I'd kill him and his family.

He'd just called me to tell me he'd found her and I was still pissed.

"So what are you going to do with her?" he asked calmly.

"I was going to let her go with a message but her acts have changed my mind. Who knows what she's seen and heard?" I ask him and he nods in agreement.

"It would be lethal to us and the business," he tells me.

"Exactly," I tell him and meet his green-eyed gaze. We both share a knowing look at the fate that was to befall Lena Doverik.

To be honest, killing the b***h wouldn't be as satisfying as killing the bastard of a father but my revenge would come soon.

Like my mother would tell me, patience is a virtue.
----------------
Violent content ahead of you, skip if you don't want to read this!!!! You have been warned.