Chapter 17

~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
"This was the result of the day," I tell Lyla, pointing at the scar at my waist. I look up to see her eyes filled with tears as she quietly listened to my story.

"Nikolai made sure I had a constant reminder so I'd never forget how he took my mother away from me and worst of it all... I'm to blame for her death," I say and push back the memories I'd thought I had lost.

"No. Don't you dare Giovanni. Don't blame yourself," Lyla says and kneeling on the bed, engulfs me in a warm hug.

"Nothing that happened that day was your fault. You couldn't save her," she eagerly tells me, holding my face.

"It's not that. Nikolai was promised my father's side of the mafia the if I couldn't prove that I could be a leader. I did and agreed to be the don instead of handing a good business to the Russians," I try to explain but she shakes her head.

"Well you can't spend the rest of your life regretting your choices. Who knows what he'd have done to your family after you gave him your business. No more regrets please," she consoles and I smile.

I needed Lyla more than she needed me. She was slowly making me the happy man I once was. It was a shame we couldn't be together.

"We need to end things, Lyla," I tell her and she pulls away from me like I burned her. She is frowning at me. "What? Why?" she asks and it hurts me to see her this way. Scared.

"I'm scared. If I get too close, Nikolai will try to hurt you and I can't risk that. I won't be able to move on from another hit," I rush out.

"Gio—"

"Listen—"

"No. You listen to me. I don't care if the entire world is after my neck. I love you and staying away from each other will only hurt us more. It wouldn't matter if we stayed away"

"You still care about me and that's all Nikolai needs from you. So tell me, am I safer next to you or far away from you where he can easily hurt me?" she asks and I'm speechless at her intelligence.

I cup her cheek and smile up at her. "Next to me," I tell her and she lowers her head to kiss me.

I groan and move her to my lap. She begins to move her body on me and I groan once more. I grip her waist and the urge to rip open her shirt is high but now wasn't the time or the place.

She places her hands on my chest and I know things could get far if I didn't gain some self-control immediately.

I pull away and stop her movements. "We can't. Not now. I want your first time with me to be special," I rasp and she nods in agreement. Her face turns red and I know she's embarrassed by her actions.

Her innocence would be the death of me. My member was straining against my slacks but I wasn't about to move her.

My face gets serious. "Lyla, no one can know about us. The less people that know about us, the better for your safety," I tell her.

She bit her lip and I could tell she was scared about everything. She was with me and now had a target on her back. Until Nikolai was dead, Lyla would always be in danger.

"And Giselle?" she quietly asks, looking at my shoulder instead of my eyes.

"I'll know what to do when the time comes but for now—"

She laughs as I turn the both of us on the bed. Her legs curl around my waist and I kiss her.

"My cousin knows about us," she squeals.

"Only her?" I ask and she nods.

I say nothing and keep on trailing kisses down her neck. Her laughter transforms to moans.

I look at her and I see her smiling up at me.

"What are we Giovanni?" she asks, brushing my hair out of my face.

"I think girlfriend is the childish term to use," I tell her and she grins.

"Now," I say and begin to unbutton her black jeans. Her eyes become heated. "We might not be able to make love right now but there are other ways to pleasure the body," I say and the night is spent with endless pleasure.
                    --- --- --- --- ---
So guys, this chapter is kinda short because this was all I had and because the hot scenes cannot be written here.

Check the Restricted Chapter if you are interested in knowing what went down
Tell me what you think about the chapter.
   Is Lyla making the right decision by choosing to stay by Giovanni? And do you think the word about them is already out?
  Find out in the next chapter

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
    -- Gigi