Chapter 24

~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
I glare at them man that had ruined my life and if it weren't for the guests, I'd be strangling him right now.

His very thin lips are posed in a smug smile and his white hair was cut into a crew cut.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you but well," I growl, desperately trying to control my feelings. I needed to get to Lyla. I needed to be sure she was safe.

"Bad thing. I'm glad to see you, boy. You've really outdone yourself with all of this. I'll give it to you, you Italians have taste," he says looking around the room.

I lose my patience with him. "Cut the crap, you bast**d. Why are you here?" I ask him.

His grey eyes fall on me and he smirks.

"I came here to talk to you. Clear somethings," he says and I grow stiff.

"Things like what. I have nothing to clear with you except you are a dead man, Nikolai," I tell him.

"You see this is why I'll always be on top. That girl you killed wasn't my daughter," he tells me.

"In fact she should somewhere here," he looks at me, "you just failed to notice her,"

I feel the blood drain on my face but I don't show him that his words affected me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask.

"As a father, I can never send my daughter to kill you unless I know she'll get out alive. Besides, I promised to make you suffer, didn't I?" he taunts and I clench my fists.

Control Giovanni. Control, I told myself.

"Before I forget, I don't see your woman anywhere. I wonder where she could be. She looked sexy in that red dress," he says and I lose my cool.

I grip his shirt, towering over him with a few inches.

I gain the attention of some of the guests who watch us with wide eyes.

"Shut the f**k up you piece if sh*t. Do you ever speak about her again," I yell at him. He only laughs in my face and I punch him with all my strength.

Now the whole place is quiet and everyone is staring at me.

"Hit me all you want boy," he says, grinning with his bloody teeth. His eyes look past me and he starts to laugh.

"Isn't that Gianna Machiavelli?" he asks pointing at my sister who was watching us. My eyes meet her and that's when I hear it.

The glass roof shatters with the sound of a gunshot and I hear people screaming, trying to escape the broken glass.

Lyla. My heart jumped as I abandoned Nikolai and began to run to the exact place the sound came from.

On the ground is Lyla, in her beautiful red dress, her blood seeping from her chest and to ground. Her blood the same shade as her dress.

I kneel next to her and cradle her head in my arms. Her eyes slightly open and relief washes over me.

She's crying and opens her mouth to speak. "No baby. Everything will be alright, help on the way," I try to tell her and she starts to shake her head.

"I c-can't..... It hurts Gio. I love y...." her words fade away, as she slumps against my body and her hazel eyes disappears as her eyes closed.

I could hear her cousin screaming out her name but that didn't matter.

"The car's ready Gio. We need to take her to the hospital," Diego tells me.

I nod and I lift her up, staining my white shirt with her blood. I could see her mouth slightly open and I knew she was still breathing.

I hoped she stayed strong until we got to the hospital. "Stay with me," I whisper, looking down at her face.
-----------------------
After the gunshot, Nikolai had disappeared into thin air. I could care less if he was in space. I have just wanted to be safe.

I was currently roaming around the waiting of my private hospital awaiting Marc take on Lyla. My head was a mess right now and I felt I'd die from brain damage.

Lyla was currently fighting for her life, Nikolai had succeeded in ruining my life once more and I'd killed the wrong woman......

I run my hands through my hair and Gianna watches with worried eyes.

"What is taking so freaking long?" I mutter, my eyes going to the emergency room doors.

Roberto forces a smile and walks to me. He touched my shoulder in comfort. "Everything will be fine, Gio," he tells and I stop pacing to look at him.

"Nothing will be fine, Beto. If she dies, I die along with her. I swear, I'll kill that bastard and then myself because then I'll have nothing to live for," I say truthfully.

"Have faith in her. Lyla is a strong woman," he says and I just look at the doors once more. I wanted to see her eyes open and lips in a weak smile.

"Go home and help Diego. I want you to tell father I'm coming home. I'm going to do everything in my power to see Nikolai dead," I growl.

He looks reluctant but Gianna gets up from the seat and walks over to me. She places her hands around my shoulder.

"Go on ahead. I'll keep him company," she tells him. He nods and walks out of the office.

I look down at my shirt and almost start to cry as I see her blood all over me.

I'd told her everything would be fine. I know I'd told things wouldn't be peaceful but I promised to protect her and now look.

An hour later and Marc finally walks out. I look at him, not hiding the hope on my face. I walk over to him.

"Is she okay?" he says and he has an unsure look on his face.

"The bullet missed her heart by a fraction and we had to be careful so we wouldn't hurt. During the surgery, we almost lost her and the baby. Later on, she was stabilised but she has fallen into coma," he says and I break.

Gianna and Marc would be the only people to see me cry.

She was pregnant. She was expecting a child and now she was in a coma. Gianna rushes to my side as I shed my tears.

"How far gone?" I hear Gianna ask Marc who watched me with wide eyes.

I lower my head and place my palms on my face. I was miserable.

"Two months gone. We will do our best to keep them both safe. Excuse me," he says quietly before leaving me with my sister.

"Everything will be okay, Gio," she tells me and my head snaps to look at her.

"That's what I told Lyla, you know? Look where she is. Don't lie to me, Gianna because until the love of my life is awake and our baby is well, I'll never be fine"

"Nikolai watch out because his a dead man walking and this time nothing will stop me," I tell and I meant it. No more mistakes, no slip ups. Nikolai was now a walking target.
                  --- --- --- --- ---
There you have it guys. Sorry for the late update but I promise more is on the way.
    Tell me what you think about the chapter.

Giovanni is broken once more but there's still hope for Lyla. Nikolai win once more but as they, he laughs last, laughs best.
Will that be in Giovanni's favor or Nikolai's.
Find out in the upcoming chapters.

P.S Lyla has her own P.O.V on the night before she got shot but we can't know what really happened until she wakes up.
   I promise to blow your mind and for those who've picked the little crumbles I left, good for you.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!
   -- Gigi