Chapter 29

Hi guys, I have the worst the news for you but more for me.
School resumes in exactly six days and if I'm unable to update before that time, updates will be slow.

I promise to write as much as possible and probably finish the book before this time. If I do then oh happy day.

If I don't, I apologise to my readers😟
————————————————
~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
"What are you insinuating? That I'm fat?" I ask Giovanni as I glare at him from the mirror. He looks at me and smiles.

He stops smoothening his suit and turns look at me. "Why would you even think that?" he asks quietly already used to my anger tantrums.

"Well the fact that you want me to get new clothes to fit my new form is evidence enough. You don't like me anymore," I say and start to cry.

He cups my cheeks. "Stop it Lyla. Remember when I told you, even with dark circles under your eyes you are still beautiful?" he asks and I sniff.

I nod in answer. He smiles in return.

"I just thought you'd want to get a change of clothes since you complain your normal clothes are getting tight," he says and I suddenly feel horrible.

I sigh and lower my head. "I know, I know it's just I can't handle my emotions anymore. I can't wait to deliver the baby," I tell him and place my hands on my belly.

"Believe me. I want it more than you," he says and I realised he meant it in two ways.

I blush and the same time hit him on the chest. He was referring to my hormones and the stress I gave him and the fact that he couldn't wait to hold the child in his hands.

"It's true," he defends himself.

I want to say something but my unusual attentive nose gets a whiff of freshly baked cake and my mouth waters.

"What's that wonderful smell?" I ask him.

"Ra—mother is baking today. Specially for you," he says and I smile in appreciation. I pretend to not hear his little slip up.

"Go change, eat the whole house and go buy something nice for yourself," he says, placing a credit card in my hands.

He lifts my head and places a kiss on my lips. He looks at me intensely and brushes my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Be careful, okay?" he says and I nod before kissing him back.

"Goodbye," I tell him and he whispers. I watch him leave and I look down at my belly with a small smile on my lips.

"Daddy is going to take care of us, no matter what," I tell my baby with a giggle.
-------------
" We're here," Rodriguez, the driver Giovanni assigned me announced as the black SUV slowed down in the parking lot of a shopping mall called "Angel's Touch"

I put on my sunglasses, grab my purse and carefully get down. Rodriguez helps shut my door and accompanies me into the shopping mall.

I lower my head in hopes of not being noticed by the wrong eye since I was supposed to be dead.

I'm not calm at all and feeling of worry seeps into my shopping. I feel like I'm being watched but I force myself to think it's a figment of my imagination.

Rodriguez didn't seem to be alert but each time I looked back at him to make sure he was with me, I'd see him looking at his watch.

I came to the conclusion that he had important things to do and I was just wasting his time, watching out for myself than shopping.

I hurriedly pick out clothes and when I'm sure it's enough, I turn to look at Rodriguez.

"I'll be right back," I tell him. He smiles and nods at me.

I walk into one of the dressing rooms and start trying out the dresses. I manage to calm myself down and I stop when I fall in love with a dark blue dress with tiny straps and white lace at the tip that is just below my knee.

It fits my belly perfectly and I'm reluctant to take it off.

I decide to ask Rodriguez if he liked it but I don't see him outside. My heart jumps in panic and I protectively hold my belly.

The mall was filled with people but that had never stopped the mafia from carrying out their plans.

I put on my flats so I can look for him around. The amount of relief that washes over me when I see him on the phone just a few feet away from me is undescribable.

I start to walk to him and open my mouth to call for him.

I gasp when a big hand grabs me and covers my mouth to stop my scream.

"Don't move," the deep voice growls and I feel a gun press against my belly but away from a passerby's eyes.

If I wasn't so scared, I'd roll my eyes at this system of pointing a gun behind the back. But I was scared so....

He feels me tense and he drops his hand from my lips knowing I wouldn't dare endanger my baby. He has an accent and I know I was done for.

Rodriguez glances at me and notices the strange man behind me. His eyes widen and he starts to run to me.

I scream when a bullet hits him in the chest and suddenly the whole mall is filled with gunshots.

The Russian behind me starts to pull me and I try to free myself. "Where are you taking me?" I ask even though I knew.

"Заткнись, сука," he says in his language.
[Translation; shut up b*tch]

We end up in the parking lot and it hurts to hear the gunshots and screams coming from the mall all because of me.

I try digging my heels in the ground but it only makes him pull me harder.

"Help me. Somebody," I scream but I know no one would help me thanks to massacre going on.

He twirls and I look at his cold eyes. He has dirty blonde hair and dark eyes that are glaring at me. He lifts his hand to hit me when someone yells his name.

"Sebastian. We need to go," the chubby man who spoke ran to us. Sebastian glares at me and opens the boot of the black florist van behind me.

"Садись или я заставлю тебя ," he growls and I look into the van. I couldn't get in. No way—
[Translation; Get in or I'll make you]

My thoughts are infiltrated as he grabs me roughly and covers my nose with a white napkin forcing me to inhale the drug.

I fight against him but I suddenly weaken against him. My body begs me to fight but I'm too weak.

Giovanni's words flash in my head. "Be careful," he had told me and here I was.

His name is an echo in my head as I feel my heart call out to him because I don't think I'd be lucky to survive Nikolai this time.

My eyes close and even though the Sebastian guy had been extremely mean, I feel him gently lift me and place me on the cold van floor.

I feared to wake up not really ready to see what awaited me.
                   --- --- --- --- ---
*Tense music*
Another chapter done and more to come.
Lyla has been kidnapped and she's scared to death for the date of her and the baby.
Tell me what you think about the chapter.
    Will Giovanni be late to save her will Nikolai win once more. The war has begun, who will win the time?
        Giovanni or Nikolai
Find out in the next chapter.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
   -- Gigi