Chapter 12

~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
"Everything needs to be perfect. I want my Gio to be happy. Although with that woman I doubt," Maggie order to the maids including me.

We all snickered at her comment. I wasn't going to deny that I was a little expectant for Giovanni's arrival and a little part of me was anxious.

I still wasn't hundred percent confident in myself but there was no going back. I needed to move on with my life.

I needed closure for that.

"Lyla is daydreaming again," Debra sings out, walking by me with plates in her hands.

My cheeks flushed red from guilt. I didn't deny it though.

The three women I was the most comfortable with looked at me in concern. "Are you okay, dear?" Maggie asks and I force a smile.

She looks unsure and so do the others. "I'm just sad our month of fun is over and I'm the last person to be happy about Mr. Giovanni's return," I say, praying they believed me and didn't see the fight going on in my head.

"Aww", Debra said before pulling me into a hug. Lizzie and Emma join in for comfort.

A huge sincere smile spreads across my face as I felt the love in their hugs.

"Rompilo", Magarita says and separates us as the huge doors opened. [Translation; Break it up]

We lined ourselves up. Jacob who had been on the trip with them walked in with three men in suits.

Giovanni steps in, Giselle behind him. I had to hold back the urge to not roll my eyes at her eagerness to be noticed.

"Oh my baby boy," Maggie said before rushing to squeeze his cheeks.

His ears turned red. "Nana," he quietly said, removing her hands to hold it.

He lowered his head to give her a peck on her cheeks. She blushed and moved away. A smile spreads across my lips as I watch him show affection to the woman who raised him.

"I'm so hungry," Giselle says, breaking the warm silence. My smile disappears.

"Go on ahead. I have things to do," Giovanni says.

"But baby you promised," she said and received a scowl from Giovanni.

"Promises get broken, Elle. Eat without me," he says in a harsh surprising tone. "I can't believe this," she said, folding her hands across her chest.

The girls snickered and Giovanni's eyes moved to where we stood. They immediately stopped.

I noticed how he made sure not to look at me. Ouch.

I wasn't going to let it stop eitherway. The feelings were eating me up.

He looked away and left the dining walking further until he got to the stairs. My eyes couldn't help but follow him until he disappeared.

"What are you all standing there for? Get me my food," Giselle yelled at us.

We turned around to do as she said.

"Get me my food. Is it me or is she getting bigger?" Debra asked making us all laugh. It was rare to see her annoyed so her face was priceless.

"Definitely. Let's just get this over with," Emma said.
--------------

I opened my eyes in the darkness of the maids' room. Everyone was asleep now and it was time to face my demons.

Or a demon.

I quietly climbed out of my bed, my feet coming in contact with the cold white tiles. This time I'd worn a black singlet and plaid shorts that reach my thigh.