plead (hotch's POV)

Shit, Emily was coming to my place. What was I thinking? I mean it was just in the moment when I blurted it out but now I have to clean up once I get there.

Thank God Jessica has Jack for a couple days. Maybe I might get some tonight.

By the time I get to the house, it's already 4pm. Emily must be a couple minutes behind because of the rain.

As Emily arrives, I finish cleaning, or rather stuffing everything in a closet. I haven't been here in a couple days ever since we got back from the case, so it was super messy. Before opening up the door, I turn on the fireplace, it could finally be put to use.

I open the door and she's wet. Looks like she didn't have anytime to change. I kind of like her like that, not giving a damn in what she looks like. She's already so beautiful in my eyes.

I motion for her to come in and you could hear her boots squeaking as she walks in.

"Would you like a warm drink? Or a towel? Or some clothes? You look cold Em," I say in a worried tone.

"A towel would be nice," she grins, looking a little uncomfortable.

"Am I making her uncomfortable?"

I bring her back a towel. I sit right next to her as she dries her hair. She then begins to use the towel to wrap around herself.

"Sorry I look like this, didn't expect it to rain while we were at the park," Em says.

"No you look beautiful," I say, hesitating before saying something else,"Em can I ask you something?"

She nods and I begin to talk.

"I know I just told you about the offer a few hours ago, but have you thought about it? Do you want to go?" I ask.

"Hotch... Aaron, it's an amazing offer and I can't make a decision right now. There's other factors that are put into this. I'd be leaving everything, the team, my life. It'll be like starting a new one," she says, fidgeting with the towel.

I realize what her decision is. She wants to go. I try to look at her but she avoids my eyes. This is getting a little awkward.

Breaking the silences, she says, "I think I should go, I don't wanna be caught in traffic, thank you for the towel though", her voice cracking.

As she leaves the towel and she opens the door, walks out, then closes it. I just watched the woman I love leave.

"She can't just go. She can't leave me. Not now."

I stand up and run towards the door opening it, realizing it was still raining outside. I see Emily walk to her car and I run. I grab her hand and spin her around to face me.

"Emily, please don't go. Don't take the offer," I beg.

She looks away, but I use my hand to bring her chin so she's looking at me.

"I like you. I always have. It was obvious when I kissed you earlier. You're different. After Haley, I went a couple dates with other women because I knew she wanted me to move on. She changed my world, she gave me the greatest gift of my life, my son. But those women aren't you," I yell, over the rain.

Continuing my small speech, "I'm sorry I've been avoiding you. I figured that if you were going to leave, I can't develop more feelings. I lost Haley to Foyet, and I can't lose you to Interpol. I just can't. Emily, I'm in love with you. So much. You might not feel the same but I love you."

Emily looks at me. She then kisses me. I kiss her back passionately. We stop and I grab her hand as we run back into the house. As the door shuts, we take off her shoes and I pick her up as she wraps her legs and arms around me, picking up from where we left off.

Before I could sit down, she grabs my neck and kisses me. I kiss her back.

"Is this really happening?"

"You're all I want," Emily says.

"I know."

•••••

All you can hear is rain hitting the windows. The room feels steamy.

"Woah," she says, catching her breath.

"I know," I gasp, looking to my side.

It's almost 6 pm.

"Damn how long were we in here?"

Emily lays her head on my chest and runs her fingers  softly.

"Em do you wanna stay the night? I mean, it's still raining and I don't want you to drive, something might happen to you," I ask.

"Sure," she says, kind of hesitating.

"What's wrong?" I look at her.

"What are we? Are we dating? Is this a one time thing? Are we friends with benefits?" she begins, staring at the wall.

"Look, I don't know how you feel about me. I don't know if you think this was a mistake. I definitely know it wasn't for me. How do you think Derek might feel about this?" I ask.

She glances at me confused. "What do you mean what about Derek?"

I blurt out, "You both flirt with each other so much, like you're dating. I mean I get it, he's very good looking. But why him?"

"I'm not with Derek, he's just a best friend to me. He flirts with me because he tried to cover up his feelings for Garcia. Ever since I found it, he just flirts with me for the fun of it," she giggles, "Never knew you were the jealous type Mr. Hotchner."

I scoff. "I am not the jealous type. I've just had my eye on you and I assumed that you were with him. Good to know you aren't," I lean over to kiss her.

She brings her finger up to my lips. "Not right now, we're still talking.

"Why are you being such a tease?" I smirk.

"Aaron, I'm being serious. What are we? Or what are we going to be?" she complains.

"Emily Prentiss, would you like to be my girl friend?" I ask with a smile.

"I would love to, Aaron Hotchner," she says as she leans to kiss me. I kiss her back. "But wait, I don't want the team to know yet, we have to act normal, especially around JJ and Garcia."

I grin, "They'll figure out eventually. They're some good ass profilers."

I get up and put some sweatpants on. I walk over to my closet and I grab some boxers and a t-shirt. I look over as Emily's eying me. I toss the clothes onto the bed so she can wear them.

I begin to head to the kitchen, I pour her a glass of water. I see her shadow against the walls. She joins me in the kitchen. I pick up my phone and I order pizza.

"Aw, how'd you know? I love pizza," she says, looking at the food with heart eyes.

"Figured you were in the mood for some," I say back.

We ended the night with a movie and drinking wine on the couch. I look over and she's fast asleep. I carry her to the room and tuck her into the covers. Before I walk out to clean, I look back and I admire her.

"Wow, she's beautiful."

I clean up and I head back to the room. I turn off the lights and get under the covers with her.

I stare at the ceiling, thinking about what happened.

"Holy s***, Emily's mine. This is the right thing to do."

I begin to doze off.

I finally have my dream girl.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
hi lovers, im so sorry for uploading late. ive been really busy with school and i only have time to write on the weekends or at night. tbh i wasn't in the mood this whole week when writing this so this not might be the best. to make it up to u guys, ill be writing another part. after that, ill be writing this whole week, and maybe publish on Thursday? OMG, i also made a new cover, how do u guys like it? this story obviously isn't done yet. what do you guys think so far? will happiness continue for Prentiss and Hotch?