regret (hotch's POV)

I have everything I've ever wanted. A job that comes with family. A son who's doing great in school and seems happy. And the woman who I've always dreamed of.

"Cheesy much Aaron?"

As strict as I am at work, I've always had a soft side for the people I love and I adore. I'm content with life.

I walk in towards the BAU and the team's still gathered, giggling and chitchatting while giving stares towards me.

"Get back to work everyone, I want that paperwork done before a new case comes in," I say, watching them go back to their desks and offices. I head towards mine.

A couple minutes later, I see Emily walk through the doors and sit at her desk. My door's open so I see her look up at me, giving me a smile. Damn that smile.

It's almost 7pm. Everyone's slowly gathering their stuff and heading home. The only people left are Reid, Emily, and I. I see Reid and Emily chitchatting and they walk out together. Seems like she's dropping him off.

After I'm done, I pack up my things and turn the lights to my office. I head towards my car, and I enter and set my things down in the passenger seat.

"It's an early night. Maybe Emily might want to come over."

But Jack. He's home with Jessica. Is it time to introduce Emily as my girlfriend to him?

I pick up my phone and I call Emily.

"Hey Boss, what's up?" she says, hearing small giggles in the background.

I scoff, "Don't call me that, are you on speaker?"

"Bye Reid, see you." I hear her say. She heard the serious tone in my voice. "No, what's wrong?"

"Nothing I knew you would take me serious if I changed my tone." I hear her scoff. "Do you want to come over? I'm about to pick up some food."

"Um sure. Isn't Jack home?" she guessed.

"He is, but I was hoping to introduce you to him, since you are officially my girlfriend," I grinned.

Sounding uneasy, she says, "Okay, I'll be over soon, I'm just gonna change into something casual."

"Okay?" I say. "See you soon." She hangs up the phone.

Is something wrong with her?

I pick up two boxes of pizza. And I drive home. I open up the door and I see Jack jump from the couch. He's too fast that he got to me before I put down my things and the pizza.

I give him a big hug. "Hi buddy, did you miss me? How was it with Jessica?" I say, looking over at her, then to him.

"I did Daddy. And I had fun, we went to the park and  she helped me with my homework," he beamed.

I sigh, "I'm sorry for not being with you this weekend Buddy. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. It's my day off."

"YAY! Aunt Jessica did you hear that? Daddy's going to spend time with me!" he says, giving me another big hug.

"Jessica, you can go if you would like. Thank you for watching Jack. Grab a few slices of pizza before you leave," I say.

She gets up and picks up her purse. "Aaron, I told you. Anytime, I'm always here for you. We're family. I'm especially here for Jack. This is for Haley." She picks up a few slices before heading out. "Bye!"

I wave and I turn to Jack. He's already diving into the pizza.

"Slow down Bud. I need to talk to you about something. I have a friend from the BAU coming over. You might have seen her once or twice at Uncle Rossi's parties or dinners. Her name is Emily."