odd (hotch's POV)

After a couple days, Beth came to the BAU to drop me off my coffee, she's been asking to see me. I finally give in, after asking Jessica to watch over Jack for an extra night, as we had just gotten back from a case.

We agreed on a movie date, then a dinner.

I'm wearing a grey button up, sleeves folded after my elbows. I would've worn jeans but I didn't have the time to change.

Beth gets an Uber to the movies. And once I walk in, I see her standing there, in a casual dress, a little above her knees.

"Wow, she's pretty."

"Hey Handsome, hope you didn't miss me that much." She says, giving me a hug. We begin to walk to the ticket's station.

"Aaron, I already got the tickets. I'll get the snacks too." Beth insists. I give it up because if we continued to talk about it, we would miss the movie.

Not knowing what the movie is, we walk into Room 3. As we settled in with our treats, the movie begins.

It's a romantic and comedic movie, a man named Danny, who's a plastic surgeon and gets himself into a lie. He asks his assistant Katherine, if she can pose as his wife to get a girl Palmer, the girl believing he's about to get divorced to his hot wife. Little does Katherine know that she gets her children into the lies. As they go on vacation, Danny and Katherine become to get closer, and later falling in love.

After 30 minutes of the movie, Beth begins to lace her hand with mine. I leave it alone until she rests her head on my shoulder. I lean my head on hers, not realizing I had fell asleep. I wake up to a slap on my face.

"Ow."

I open my eyes and I see Beth hovering over me. "God Aaron, I thought you were dead. The movie finished and you were still asleep." Beth exclaims.

I look around and it's only me and her inside the theatre. "I'm so sorry, I didn't have any time to sleep. Did I not mention we had just gotten back from a case?" I explain, standing up and grabbing our things as we walk out to the parking lot.

"Do you want to continue with our plans or do you want to go home?" Beth asks, not making eye contact.

I felt bad after sleeping through the movie. After that quick nap, I was energized. "No, let's continue." I say. Beth grins happily and grabs my keys from me. "I'm driving, I want to show you my favorite spot."

We drive 40 minutes to a tall building, valet takes the car as we walk in. The elevator ride is a long one. The doors finally open, as we walk out, it's glass windows all over and a bar to our left.

We're seated by a window. I look out, the view is breathtaking. Never knew Virginia would look so nice at night.

"So...this is my favorite place in Virginia. The Sky at Alexi's." I look at her.

"Why was the name so familiar?"

A server comes up to ask and we order. Beth order salmon, while I order steak. We give the menus back and I fidget while looking outside. "Is something wrong Aaron?"

"No, it's just that the name sounds so familiar. I can't remember why." I say.

"Well, this place is famous for something. Follow me sir." She says giggling. I give a generous smile as she takes me hand, bringing me to a wall. "You see this? This is filled of polaroids with people who have gotten engaged."

I finally realize.

This is the place I was going to propose to Emily. She's not one to do romantic things, like a nice and expensive dinner. But it was going to be a special one. It was early in our relationship, but she was the one. I searched all over for the perfect place, a place where her favorite wine is. And after I proposed, we would go back to my house with a blanket and more wine in the backyard and we would admire the stars.