a blast & its aftermath

The Prentiss' and Luke spend the day exploring, they go downtown and shop. Athena wanted to do so much more but she was worn out.

"Mommy? Let's go look at the toys," Athena whines.

Emily laughs. "There's a tomorrow. We can come back soon. You need a nap. And Mommy needs some wine."

Luke grabs their shopping bags and puts them into the car. As they drive off, Athena falls asleep. "So...how was it?"

Emily looks out the window. "It was okay. She called him Dad and they got to know each other for a couple minutes."

"That's good, but you don't seem happy for her?" Luke looks over to her.

He's right. She wasn't happy. Emily Prentiss wanted to keep Athena a "secret" between everyone who lived in their house, but under the circumstances, everyone she knew, knew about her daughter. She wanted to protect her baby.

Emily sighs. "I'm happy for her. So happy. It's just that she has you and Spencer, and Tara and Elle. It was supposed to just us. And now Aaron wants to be in her life."

"You can't blame him, she is his daughter," Luke says. "Don't use your heartbreak to rip your daughter and her dad apart."

Luke was right again. Now that Athena knew who her dad was and how important he was in her life, she couldn't tear them apart.

Changing the subject, Emily wipes her tears. "So what'd you do while we were gone? You weren't in the car till minutes later."

"Um... I was talking to that technical analyst, Penelope," Luke says. "I had to use a bathroom and I got lost."

Emily smiles. "You should ask her out."

"Nah... she's with that man who's buff," Luke laughs. "I could never be with a goddess like that."

"You never know till you try," warned Emily.

They finally reach the house and Luke gets Athena from her car seat. "I'll put her in her room."

Emily agrees and she grabs the bags. She walks into the house to see the house clean and Tara and Elle are sitting on the couch with some wine. "Save some for me ladies. I got a lot to tell you."

She drops the bags near the door and grabs a glass and explains what happened.

"Damn, what are you gonna do now?" Elle asks.

She was tired of this question. "I'm not sure. All I know is that Athena's 4th birthday is coming up in two months, and I need to plan for that."

Tara sets down her glass of wine. "Wait, stop thinking ahead. Your birthday is literally next month."

"What should we do for Emily Prentiss's birthday bash?" Elle asks.

Emily didn't know what she wanted. All she wanted to do is spend the day with her daughter and loved ones.

Tara gasps. "We could go to the club! I haven't been there in ages."

"Maybe we could all get some," Elle smirks. "Don't worry. Tara and I can handle your birthday. You focus on Athena's."

Emily agreed, though she was scared. She knew they were going to do something suspicious.

-

Over the next couple of weeks, Tara and Elle become very secretive. As for Athena, she begins to think about her birthday next month. "Can we invite Daddy?"

"Let's see."

As time went by, Hotch has been trying to see Athena every week, when they're not on cases. "Spence, why would you give him my number?"