unveil

At a young age, Athena is known as smart and very talented at her age. This impressed her mother, especially since she began to talk at such a young age. And her words were clear as day. But as she grew older, the people surrounding her taught her what she needed to know.

Things like knowing where to hide when something's not right. And not to come out until someone she knows comes and gets her. She was also taught to know not mix up Emily Prentiss and Camila Hart, being her mother's other identity.

That also goes with the identity of her aunt and other "mom", Elle Greenaway or in this case, Samantha Carter.

Stephen Walker back at Interpol knew that he had to make Camila Hart and Samantha Carter real people. With the resources, he made it come true.

"Camila Hart and Samantha Carter are best friends. Camila is Athena's mom. And I'm assuming Samantha Carter is your god-mother, right Sweetie?" Garcia asks.

Athena nods as she sits in the round table room, along with the team. "I call her Mommy too."

"Where's Reid?" Hotch whispers to Morgan.

"He should be coming back any time soon," he says.

Footsteps approach the door. "I'm here..."

"Reid, this is Athena," JJ introduces. "Her mother's missing and we're getting the details."

Athena tries to contain her excitement from seeing Spencer Reid, one of her favorite people. Emily taught her that she needs to act like she doesn't know him. She wasn't supposed to know about him until Spencer started coming to their house on his days off, not getting enough of his goddaughter.

"Hi, do you think you can come with me? We can go get some candy and you can tell me about what happened," Reid whispers.

She takes her hand and walks off. He waves to the team.

JJ chuckles. "He'd make a great dad."

Morgan nods.

Back at the vending machine, Spencer gives Athena candy, something her mother wouldn't usually allow as she is only 3. "Athena, what happened?"

"I heard a noise and I did what you and Uncle Luke told me to do, I hid in the closet," she shakes her head. "I don't know how long I was in there. Until Auntie Elle found me. They brought me here. And I followed."

Spencer hugs her and gives her a kiss on the head. "It's okay. We'll find Mommy soon."

Walking to the elevator, Athena trudges behind trying to fit one last M&M into her mouth. Spencer eventually picks her up so she wouldn't get left behind.

Still carrying Athena, Spencer walks to Strauss's office. "Agent Reid? Is there something you need to tell me?"

"This is Emily Prentiss's daughter, Athena. Emily's missing but the team only knows her as Camila Hart," Spencer says. He sets her down.

She looks around, finding the right chair to sit in. Athena settles with Strauss's office chair behind her desk. "I'll call Stephen Walker. Anything you find out, you come directly to me."

He nods. "Can she stay in here? I need to call the agents who were assigned to the house."

Strauss agrees and he walks out. He calls Elle, she picks up.

"What the hell? You left Athena here?" He shouts into the phone.

"By the way, Tara and Luke are here with me," Elle says. "She knew what to do Spence. We also knew she'd be safe with you. With what the BAU can do, they'll protect her."