encounter

As Emily picks up a sleepy Athena from her car seat, Luke holds the door open. Trudging up the stairs, Emily decides to let Athena sleep in her room. Athena wakes up, realizing it's night time, her favorite time of day. "Can we do the bubbles for bath time?"

Emily nods and they walk into the bathroom, giving Athena a bath and changing into her favorite pair of pink polka dot pajamas, something her Uncle Spence got her.

They walk downstairs to see Spencer in the kitchen, Athena runs towards him, giving him a big hug. Everyone digs into the Chinese food he brought over. Athena isn't a picky child so she finishes the food on her plate. "Mommy can me and Uncle Spencer play?"

"Mhm. Remember you just ate? So be careful honey," Emily says. She looks over to Spencer. "If she throws up, you're cleaning it."

Spencer smiles and he picks up Athena, giving her tickles as they walk up the stairs. "Be careful!"

Luke, Tara, and Elle look at Emily, waiting for her to say something. "Um. Let's talk tomorrow?"

They nod and Emily walks up the stairs. She passes by Athena's room, listening to small giggles. She smiles and walks into her own room, heading to the bathroom.

Turning to the shower, Emily turns on the water to warm. She takes off her clothes and gets in. The water runs down her hair and her back, washing herself.

She looks at her bruises. And her hand. The hand that Aaron Hotchner held today. After a couple years, she never would've thought that they would meet again. And Athena. He knows about Athena.

Holding her hand onto her other hand, Emily leans on the tiled wall, sinking down till she reaches the ground. Bursting into small sobs, she held her hand over her heart.

Not knowing how long she's been inside the shower, a knock occurs. Emily doesn't answer. Minutes later, the door opens. Elle walks in.

Instead of talking, she gets into the shower, fully clothed. Elle begins to wash Emily's hair, and later her body. She makes sure to be gentle as she sees the bruises and cuts on her body. They get out of the shower and Emily wraps herself in a towel.

Elle moisturizes her with a scented lotion. They walk to her bed before Elle walks into her closet, grabbing the same design of pajamas Athena has on tonight. Elle helps Emily by putting it on. After, Emily gets under the covers, facing the balcony, looking out.

Looking back before she walks out, Elle sighs. She walks into her room and takes a shower, changing into her pajamas. As she walks out her room, she spots Spencer holding a tired Athena. "I'm about to bring her into Emily's room."

"Not tonight Spence. She's...um going through things," Elle whispers, covering Athena's ears. "About what happened today?"

He nods. "So Athena sleeps in her room tonight?"

Elle shakes her head. "Give her to me."

Spencer passes Athena to Elle. "Athena, let's have a sleepover in my room tonight!"

She perks her head up. "Yay!"

"Spence, can you get Emily some water? I'll just put this little one to sleep," Elle asks.

"Got it. I'll try talking to her," Spencer agrees.

He walks downstairs to see Luke and Tara going at each other's head. "Shut up."

"It's true," Tara replies.

Luke takes a sip of his drink. "There are actual sexual positions that produce ugly babies?"

"Yes, it's been proven," Tara chuckles.

"By who?" Luke asks.

"Your mom," Tara snaps back, taking a sip of her wine.