perfect

Walking into the BAU, Emily frowns. She opens the door to see her friends and kids huddled in a group in the Round Table Room. She walks in and they all stand up in her presence. "Well? Are you back?"

"I'm —," Emily starts off, putting her head down.

"Are you kidding me? You're one of the best and Strauss said no? I'm gonna go in there and give her a piece of my mind!" Penelope shouts.

Derek groans. "Mama, don't do that. The kids are here."

Hotch walks up to Emily. "She said no?"

Emily looks up, smiling. "HA! Got you! I'm back!"

Everyone walks up to Emily, giving her each a hug. "Congrats!"

Emily picks up Athena. "YAY Mommy!"

Spencer walks up with a cake. "Garcia's idea."

They set it down on the table and begin to cut into the cake.

"So what'd she say?" Tara asks, stuffing cake into her mouth.

Emily feeds Athena a piece. "Well..."

"And your daughter?"

"Don't worry ma'am, she's taken care of."

"Agent Prentiss, are you sure you're ready for this? You were in isolation from the world for more than 3 years and afterwards, you were abducted, your daughter met her father, you are now engaged, and now you're planning for a wedding? This has all happened in less than a year."

Emily shifts in her seat. "I'm guessing Rossi can't keep things to myself."

Erin Strauss stifles a chuckle. "Don't blame him, I asked for your well-being. I needed the input after Agent Hotchner talked to me about you. And since you both are in close relations, I've taken over your interview."

"I'm certain I can take the shift from being a mother. I learned a lot about motherhood and I'm still adjusting. But I also adore being a profiler," Prentiss says.

"Mhm. Normally I wouldn't approve due to your relationship with Agent Hotchner, but Stephen Walker and Matt Simmons loved you during your time at Interpol," Strauss takes off her glasses. "I hope once you're in the field, don't let your emotions get to you, if one or everyone on your team is in danger. You're agents in the field not family. Do I make myself clear?"

Emily nods. "Yes Ma'am."

Strauss stands up and puts her hand out. "Well then, welcome back Agent Prentiss. You start in a week."

She takes her hand. "Thank you. I'm looking forward to working with you and the BAU team again."

"Likewise, I'm looking forward to your wedding. Thank you for the invitation," Strauss opens the door for Emily.

Everyone looks at Rossi. "I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry Dave, she is invited to the wedding, you just included her on the other parts," Hotch says, wrapping his hand on Emily's waist.

"Ladies, now we can start planning on the wedding," Emily assured.

Penelope gasps and sets down her cake. "Finally!"

"You ladies are welcome to come over to our house tomorrow night, if we don't have a case, but for now, it's back to work," Hotch encouraged.

Derek laughs. "But no drinking around my girl, she's holding our kid."

"Or me," JJ smiles. "I'm pregnant."

"Oh my God, JJ that's amazing!" Emily exclaims, as Spencer hugs JJ.