gone (hotch's POV)

Emily Prentiss.

She's one of a kind. She's stunning, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She's my other half. And that smile. It melts your heart.

I lost all of that in an instance.

Why did I say that? Why did I say it was a mistake falling in love with her?

"Aaron, you f***** up. BIG TIME."

As I'm leaning on the door, with her scarf around me, the only sounds you hear are my sobs.

I drove Emily away. The woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I get up and I run to my phone to call Emily. It's dead.

I open the cabinet instead. My eye catches a bottle of vodka and so I grab it and I walk towards the couch. And I end up falling asleep.

"Ouch. What the hell did I do last night?"

I wake up with a half bottle of vodka sitting on the table in front of me. I look up at the clock. It's 8:30.

I'm about to be late. I take a quick shower, put on a suit, pack my go bag just in case and I'm out.

"Damn I have a headache."

I park my car and I head up towards the BAU. I walk through the doors and I see Reid and Morgan giving out hugs to JJ and Garcia.

I walk to my office and I sit down in my chair.

"Hey, long night?" says a voice.

I look up and it's Rossi. "Brought you some meds, food, and coffee. You look out of it."

I sigh. "Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. What's up with JJ and Garcia, they're bawling their eyes out like crazy?" I drink my coffee.

Rossi raises his eyebrows, "Didn't you see their messages? Emily went to Garcia's and they had an argument about a little something that happened between you two last night. She walked out and they haven't heard from her since."

I choke on my coffee. "Emily." I gasp. "Emily. I forgot about what happened last night. I drank too much so I could forget. Dave, I said that loving her is a mistake. I regretted that instantly. Is she here?"

"Slow down Champ. I think she took the day off, I'm pretty sure she's upset about this. An argument with you and her best friends. That's too much to handle," Rossi explains.

"No you're right, I should give her time. I'll give her until tonight," I state. Rossi leaves. I look over at JJ and Garcia, still bawling their eyes out.

I stand up and walk towards the railing. "Agent Jareau and Garcia, may I see you in my office?"

They give their final hugs to the men and they scurry to my office.

"Close the door please and take a seat," I ask, as Garcia is the last one to walk in.

"Hotch what the hell, we've been texting your phone since last night. What have you been doing?" JJ exclaims.

"JJ calm down and let me talk," I demand. She finally settles down.

I begin to talk, "Now, I don't know how much you both know so please tell me."

Garcia starts, "Em needed someone to talk to so I invited her to my house. I called up JJ and she came along with Henry. By the time I arrived, she was crying at my doorstep. So we both went in and shortly JJ arrives." She pauses and looks at JJ. "Emily stops sobbing and she explains how she told you that she took the offer from Interpol and you got angry because she didn't tell you about it." She begins to tear up.