chapter 13

After I open my car door, I expected him to follow me since it's my car and not his, just like what I thought will happen it just did.
A second after I slam the door opposite to his, he did the same however it's not like he was bragging about it. He did that in a soft way, calm and easy.

It makes me start thinking that he's not mad about that topic or if possible, he's not mad to me anymore. It's not like I should care or something though,  achilles should be out of my business. We shouldn't meddle with each other else's business.

" Eliana! " He half shouted, it makes me remember how he always call my name, in my dream, and even in the waking life. He always do, and I can't believe myself that I love it. Though I hate to admit that certain fact.

I run my fingers to my hair, letting it look like a complete messed up type. My brunette brown hair fitted perfectly as it directly hit the Sun, making it looks like a vivid shade of amber. Achilles keeps up with me, by walking ofcourse. This short legs of mine is always the one I hated. I badly hate it considering that I should always run  because I can't just go off with something just by walking.

He didn't spoke my name again but walk faster just to keep up with my so called running thing. He holds my elbow when he reach it. Filling me up with flattery and chills. I'm still not used to him when it comes to that way, his soft yet intriguing hand pulls me closer to him. But this time, it was worse! I bump into him.

The way I bump to him is insane, and probably I should be embarrassed right now.

I felt his beating heartbeat. Like a music, I rejoiced with the sound, letting my own enticed with it. It's my jam, I just want to stay like this with him.

Forever.

I pull away, just to make his thought shut out. He should not think of this that way, whatever he thinks about it. And I shouldn't sound so defensive!

And there goes his linking brows, clamping each other, and unfortunately of me, I give my soft chuckle, his face is absolutely gorgeous as he hear it. And I can't believe he smiled because of that, and plus the points that it's because of me.

" What? "

" You shouldn't give up like that, "

" Achilles if you're living in my body, you'll understand, but you're not so can't you just forget it and live?! " Now I'm shouting, I did not expect either way coming. Like his question and my answer to that.

" You're always stubborn, Eliana. You always want everything to go like how you wanted it, you're selfish! "

A little ouch, maybe?

Selfish, is that word really suit me? No matter how I wanted people to take my side and understand me no chance will be given just to granted my little favor. I always hate doing things that will go in hard way. I always wanted to do it easily. Like even though it's quite against my principles I don't have anything that can make them tremble in fear for my powers.

In short words, I don't have any power to defend my side. They always win, and I let everyone ruined me. I'm always manipulated. I let everything to be their way all my life and I'm selfish? Selfish that I just wanted to have a peace of mind? That even though I wanted to go against my parents because it is my dignity talking i still let them go their way.

Because I don't want my friends like Luke to get hurt. And that doing it the other way is selfish? Selfish that I did it for them?

" You.. "

" Don't understand me achilles. And I don't need you to understand! "

I fireback as I think of my last comeback before I go away from him again and turn my back on him. I'm not mad or anything to him. Maybe sad for what he thinks about me. It's such a bad way to start my day, again.