chapter 23

After the sudden shots of chances to look at each other's eyes, i spent the remaining by finishing my painting for him. I can't deny the moment he's looking at me and I'm tempted to stop painting just to catch up with those Blue eyes.

I'm still standing and he's still there sitting properly guitar placed on his lap ready to go and strum for him. He's still playing something, something I'm not sure if I know.

He's singing loud enough for me to hear and loud enough to praise him. His voice are just like mine, ethereal and Divine. That makes me finalize everything that we have a lot in common. We're great at arts, singing, though I can't play the guitar.

It makes me smile but ofcourse I pretend I'm scrouching and bending near the canvas so that he won't see. I'm just glad he Will not notice that crazy act of mine.

I checked my phone and exactly it struck to midnight, if my parents really worried about me like how I wished them to be, they probably calling the police now because I'm still gone after midnight.

Frankly I kinda wished my parents are strict when it comes to me so I can prevent doing wreck less things I know will make me mad at myself later. But this time is one of the best, spending a wholesome moment with him. Like he's persuading me right now.

" Are you done? " i stopped blending the oil paint for a while and stand up eagerly trying not to smile nor make sounds that will be so awkward.

" You can stop playing the guitar you have been playing 'that for hours. " I give him my apologetic smile but he just tilted his head to the side that makes me wonder more. What the hell is he thinking right now?

" I like playing the guitar for you. " As he stopped tilting his head and continue playing yet another song I'm not quite familiar with.

His voice and the way he plays the guitar motivates me more to finish this painting tonight. One more part of the paint and I'm ready to wrap this up. I felt insecure for a while because this is my gift, a gift he doesn't deserve to have as a god straight from the Olympus.

I know his friends pack up some gifts he will enjoy and this gift for him is severely defeated. He can paint and not only that he excel in that field and why does painting him matters if he can paint? I want to go away and hide forever. Or wish the ground I'm standing on right now hide me.

I should thought about that earlier before i borrow his things. Argh.

But its to late to say I won't continue this due to my shyness and annoyance to myself, I finished it. I finished a masterpiece of the art itself, he's a perfect work of art. And it's a disgrace to think the painter isn't someone who's better. But I completely forgot he doesn't directly said he'll choose me over someone I know he's better with.

And I know he choose me without clarification and clarity. Let's just support ourselves he does and pretend like it is. Yeah self support.

When he noticed I stop using the brush and starting to wrap everything I've pick and used earlier he stands up while holding the guitar on his side since there is no corner in this grass he can possibly put or rest the guitar to.

" Whoa. " Now that makes me look at his face. I'm happy he's satisfied by my art and he's happy I made it for him. His countenance show's he's shock and beyond happiness.

" Thank you for this, its so beautiful. " He lean closer to me making me tremble yet held in my own triumph. That makes me feel content for what I give him.

" That is the best gift I received in my lifetime. "

" Don't say that, it's not even good. "

" Stop pitying yourself Eliana. You are better than me.  "

" Whatever. " And tried to look away but he holds my wrist to lean me push to him. Making us so close and I notice that he's initiating hugging me right now. He hugged me and I hugged him back. Home.

I feel I'm home again.

We we're like that for a while. I feel his presence sniffing my hair as he hugged me. I'm also the one who stopped hugging me. I smiled at him and he laugh at me, now he's teasing again. We sat in the grass talking about certain things. We laughed, smile and feel like we're the only one here. No, literally we are the only one here.

The stars however witness the night we spent happily together. It was minute before he invited me to go in his car and let him drive me back home.

We are still talking while my gift is in the back. He keeps looking at me.

" Why do you keep looking at me?! " I complain but only a laughed comes of with my supposed plan of being annoyed and shy.

" It will be cliché if you said I'm beautiful so I'm telling you Achilles, you don't have to say it I already know I am. " and we laughed again. We're crazy at this rate.

I didn't notice he already park the car in our own parking lot in our Mansion.

" Thank you for today, and happy birthday. "

I unclasped my seatbelt and plan to open my car door by myself. But I guess I changed my plan completely. I lean into him and kissed his cheeks swiftly.

My cheeks are full red again and thanks to the deep and dark night it won't show. He's surprised and happy and I'm too.

" I wished I can see you later. "

" I wished that too. "

" I will celebrate my birthday with my parents, I also excuse myself for a week absence . "

A week, I won't see him in a week? That's ..

" Oh.. " i said surprised but i tried to hide my misery in my tone but he seems to know it.

" Eli, it will be alright I will come back. " He smiled and play with my hair.

" I'm not mad, if that's what you're thinking. "

" Okay that fixed everything up, I'll see you in a week? "

" Yup I'll see you in a week. " I hug him before i step outside the car. I waved goodbye to him and waited till he go far from my eyes can reach before I open our front door.

I open it and no one is here they are all probably asleep and deep in slumber. I'm happy to keep my solidarity tonight and get ready for myself.

I know now that my almost lifeline won't be here later and tommorow, for the next day and the day after it and so on. I assure myself that it will only be a week and he will comeback, not sure if its to me.

I decided to take my last bath and my night care before I go deep in sleep. I tucked my comforter to keep me warm in order to survive this cold night.

The girl from the province I see before with the boy who looks like Achilles is here. She's heading inside a black luxury car and I follow her again, not knowing if she will know my mere presence.

" All clear, the girl is here now we're off to go. " The man who looks so intimidating have some company to call in his phone. I look at the girl again and she's crying i feel so bad for her.

A man who I think is with the other man in the car who dressed in all black too struck her with a syringe with something in it. I gasped as i feel something in me too. Even though no one can see me. The girl collapsed and I on the other hand not being numb, pain is all over me. My head especially.

My vision is dissapearing but someone held into me, holding my elbows to keep my pace. It's his blue eyes I saw first.

" Remember that Eli, remember me. "

" That will be the best gift you can give me. "

I gasped and waked up trying to find air. I was shuddering as I feel it so real the pain and the headache is still here. I can't breathe and I go to the balcony to seek for more but it's not enough.

I go downstairs so that I'll have the acceptance to go to the garden. I was alone there. No one to talk to or comfort me.

Little did I know I'm alone now, not only in the garden but for my whole life. Eliana is miserable and alone that's not new. She should accept and normalize it. I should.