SIXTEEN

Just a skip of a paragraph, will leave you behind. From now, read and find the twist.😂🙌
*****

Ameer was sleeping when he felt a pair of hands gripping his neck, at first it was a dream but then the grip tightened and he woke up, struggling for breath.

He was broken to see Hidaya, standing with a deadly look. When he came back, she was in her room and she refused to come out so he decided to sleep.

"Who the hell is this girl?" The sleep was still in his system hence his vision was blurry. He shook his head to get way with the sleep, and looked at the phone.

"Are you thinking of taking a second wife? I will rather kill you than to share you with another woman. I swear to Allah if I catch you with another, the end is near for you." Hidaya threatened but she heard some noise from her parlor. Hence she smiled and looked at the mirror.

She looked presentable before she went out leaving Ameer struck.

It was Ameer's mother. Hidaya rushed to her and hugged her.

"Welcome mumma," she let her sat on a chair. Soon Hidaya was in the kitchen to bring some refreshments for her mother in law.

"Your dan lele is in his room sleeping mumma, let me call him." She went to call Ameer.

"Mumma is here and if she knows the situation, hmm." Hidaya scurried out with a huge smile. There was something on her mind that she wanted to tell Ameer but she needed to do it in a wise way. She had went for a test when he wasn't around and it turned out positive. She's pregnant.

When she went into the kitchen to cook something, she began to make vomiting sound which made mumma to rush there.

"Sorry Hidaya, "

"I have been sick mumma." She cried.

"Since when?"

"Since last week. I went for a test and..." She trailed off and made a shy face.

"Are you pregnant Hidaya?" Hidaya slowly nodded.

"Ayyiriiririri," the woman yodelled and began to dance about the kitchen.

"Don't cook anything okay? I understand." Instead of an answer, Hidaya began to ululate. It made Ameer's mother baffled

"Let's go to your room and talk okay?" She dragged Hidaya out. Once there, Hidaya kept crying like a newborn baby who had been spanked by a nurse. She refused to stop and it made her mother in law sick.

"Ameer wants me to abort the baby mumma. I don't know why... I know he's your son and he hears your words only because you're the only one that's enough and more to order him. He takes me as nothing..." She lied, fueling her mother in law's ego ahead. She's doing everything on purpose and if Allah wills, she would get a free pass with her pregnancy.

"What?" His mother stood up. Hidaya quickly held her.

"Mumma please don't talk to him. He will blame me after, please."

"Allow me Hidaya." And she barged out. Right there, Hidaya knew she had his mother hooked. And her pregnancy would be of great contribution to her. She almost danced of happiness. Many more plans were coming.

*****

Adeelah's father had been receiving call from her. The woman he wished not to meet again in his life, the last time he saw her was ten years ago and he managed to convince her to stay away from him forever. But since then, she had been calling him time to time, when he inquired about her motive she said she wanted him to give her some capital to start up a new business as old friends. To make things easier, he decided to see her in his farm house to end it all.