57

Hello night owls!

Hajiya Sadiya's eyes had dried up. She'd cried since she set her eyes on Abba and since she learnt that Adeelah had been missing. She'd shed alot of weight. Nafeesah couldn't recall the last time she had seen her mother sleeping at night. She was always on the prayer mat praying for her husband and Adeelah.

It gladdened her heart because the moment Abba opened his eyes for the first time, she was sitting right there beside him, weeping. It came like a dream to her, hearing her name crack out of his lips. He'd recognized her, Alhamdulillah.

Hafsatu on the other hand had left for her family house last month. She'd said she was tired of waiting for nothing.

"Na'am Alhaji. Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah. Let me call the nurse."

"Where's Adeelah?" He asked, dismissing her suggestion. Hajiya Sadiya's blood thinned in her vein because she had no answer for him. But just to make him calm down, she decided to lie.

"She's coming back soon. Siddiqah took her with her." She said with a smile and walked out, her body shaking of happiness.

Abba closed his only eye, sighing in relief. It's relieving that he didn't feel any pain in his body. The doctors must have taken care of that.

Nearly five minutes after Hajiya Sadiya had left, a nurse came in.

"How're you feeling sir? You may experience some pains as you have been in coma for some days." She had this friendly smile that Abba didn't get right but he smiled weakly.

"I feel better Alhamdulillah. No pains." Despite saying that, she unpacked a syringe and began to draw an injection.

"I will give you this injection to make you feel better. More better." She added, rubbing a spirited cotton wool on his arm. As soon as she finished infusing the fluid into his system, he drifted to a state of unconsciousness.

The nurse smiled. She's sorry that he would never wake up as a sane man just like the way Rano had to. Else her life would be on a cliff. A sad smile graced her beautiful face again, she was the commissioner's girlfriend and since he ordered her to inject these two men and make sure they didn't survive, she hadn't been feeling alright so she decided to bring up a plan that would rather be less suspicious. She suggested that since Rano had woken up as a mentally unstable man, with zero hope of recovery, Danbatta should be made to be like him. They would keep sedating him until he lost his mind. They would keep delaying his discharging time.

As soon as she left, a mask man shook his head to make sure she did the work. She was being monitored, that too, she knew. The commissioner if anything, was more wicked than Rano. He had a high rank in the secret group as well while he appeared like a good man to the outside world.

The first time she knew him before she became his girlfriend willy nilly, was ten years ago. He had walked into the hospital in a ln outfit that made him look extremely humble. He befriended her as he brought a patient who looked so old. Hearing that the old man he brought was just someone from the street, she made a good image of him in her mind. It went from their to building a love in the air, a baseless love which she would forever be regretting, as it destroyed her cause as a human, as a woman and as a nurse whom was supposed to care for humanity within and outside the field of her work.

People truly value their doctors and nurses. They had this undeniable and uncontrollable trust on them the moment they walk into the hospital. Some patients would look at their doctors and all eye blink show complete trust; like, you're my caretaker as of now and I believe i will get better through you by Allah's will.

On a Thursday night, as she could never forget that day. The day she broke that trust. The day he came to her and she gave in. He asked her to steal a newborn child for him.