TWENTY FIVE

Unedited, unrevised.

****

Yar tsana smiled as she dressed in an abaya, she was in the makeup studio of a random makeup artist. Her makeup was intact and had concealed her imperfections. When she went out of the studio, she went under her wheel and stayed in the car. She spray the perfume and wore the khol in her eyes. She's all set for Ammar. She had asked Balale her errand boy to monitor Ammar and he told her that Ammar had just parked at a store. Smiling, she began to drive fast, ignoring all the drivers insulting her.

She arrived at the store and parked. She checked herself again in the mirror and cleared her voice before she swallowed a mint sweet which she believed it would add sweetness to her already sugarcoated voice. She walked in, her dual perfume, of powerful scent drawing the attention of people around.

She had already received information about what Ammar was wearing. When she sighted him from a far, she inhaled deeply. She kept tracing him until he finished shopping and faltered out. She saw him stopped to talk to someone. There she walked faster to where she parked her car, near his'. Yar tsana was tactful, careful and wise. She opened her bonnet and removed the wires that held the car battery. She went under the wheel and began to bring the car to ignition. As expected, it refused to ignite. She hissed countless times when she saw Ammar opposite her. He didn't say a word, hence she was pushed to come out of the car and seek for his help.

"Oh ya Allah, assalamu alaikum gentle man." She said calmly, now Ammar looked at her. At first, he held his breath, stunned with her beauty. His eyes suddenly inspected her abaya which was very loose. He was surprised of how modest she was despite her beauty and nice voice. He had met countless beautiful girls whom without no difficult succumb to his wishes. And most of them were not chaste. Now to see this woman, he felt something. He wanted her.

His friend had once told him that he had never been in love. Ammar was just infatuated with most of the girls.

Yar tsana barely hide her joy. Now that Ammar's attention was on her, she casted her eyes down.

"Please help me check my car. I called my mechanic but I couldn't reach him." She sought in what seemed to be a shy manner.

Ammar heaved. "Wa'alaikumus salam. Okay let me check."

"No no, don't stain your hands or your clothes. I have tried. I just want you to help me with a hundred naira. I emptied my change in there."

"Why don't I drop you? Where do you stay?"

"No, my daddy will be so mad to see me in a man's car. I will rather take the motorcycle. Let me reach him again." She placed a faux call and it didn't go through. She hissed and slapped her face.

Ammar studied her for a while. "You should explain to him thereafter. Please come in."

"Okay if you promise to explain to him when you drop me. I don't want to commit sin by being with a man alone." She pouted.

Ammar smiled. How thoughtful was this woman. "Trust me. I won't harm you." And he opened the car for her. She aimed for the backseat claiming to be pious.

"Please switch to the front." She did that because she knew she had already imprinted a good image of hers in Ammar's head. She had heard he was a silly person and loved mingling with girls. With the way he acted though, she felt like the sorcery didn't work on him. He didn't look like he's possessed already. But she would wait and see. Maybe the effect of the charm takes time.

"My name is Ammar."

"I am Mabroukah." She shyly replied. Ammar asked for the direction of her house and she showed him.