Thirty five

ElMustapha stared at his mother. She had called and begged to see him at her house. He didn't want to go but Othman forced him. It's been so long since they saw each other. Mahmoud had taken Othman's place in El-Mustapha's company strictly because Othman was too busy with life. He didn't even tell ElMustapha what he had been up to or which country he had been traveling to. He all of a sudden just went away and stopped appearing in the family meetings. His mother was El-Mustapha's aunt and she was a native of Somalia. After the death of her husband whom died when Othman was in her belly, she flew back to her country.

"Cappuccino," Maami, El-Mustapha's mother poaced it before him. That's the only way she fould get to his heart and make him understand what she wanted to say. She badly wanted to hear how ElMustapha was planning the wedding with Nawwar. The news was just getting bigger and she feared that ElMustapha would disappoint the media. He could just disappear and the wedding day and that will mean nithing to him.

Maami sighed. She noticed the way he had grown, his face now clean and smooth. He had shaved his beard and any hair there. The hair under his cap was ample though. She could see it oeeking from his cap. Maami smiled at the way he resembled her.

"How was life? And how it is? You've been planning your wedding and you didn't care to tell me the deets hmm?"

El-Mustapha shook his head and checked his time before he looked at his mother. There she was, his biological mother but there wasn't any string of attraction between them. He had seen how much Mahmoud loved his mother and how Othman was always calling his mother to tell her how his day went. He had seen his half sister, Maya blab abiut Maami everyday. To him, he felt nothing. He often wondered why he didn't even like her. He would love to feel something about her just like he still felt something about Adeelah even though she had angered him a number of times.

Maami, here, did things unwillingly but still he couldn't bring his heart to forgive her. She just let him be. Under the care of a nanny whilst she got married to another man. His father whom he will never like too thought he did everythyfor him by putting him on the hustle path. Yes, he had achieved the money, the fame, the name and everything. Half the wealth of the family was his but yet he wasn't happy as everyone thought he was. He loved Adeelah because when he looked at her he felt something strange. Nawwar wasn't his type but the last time he saw her, her smile sparked a feeling within him. He was sure he wasn't in love but somehow he felt Nawwar was innocent and she had no intention of harming him.

"Maami you yave Maya to tell you everything. By the way i heard she broke up with that her boy. Is that true?"

Maami smiled. At least ElMustapha cared about his sister. She just loved ElMustapha since the day he was brought to her arms. She wanted him to accept her as his mother. She wanted him to love her like she does. Like everyother kid would. But the way he behaved make her sick. He behaved as if he knew the unknown fact. The secret.

That he's neither hers or Baba Kabo's son.

She wanted to tell him since maybe he would begin to love her for the fact that she cared for him like hers. But she was warned by Baba and Baffa Kabo. They promised to kill her if she say a word that's why she had been keeping mum while every single day, it itched her in the heart. She wondered how his real mother must be feeling without her son. She wondered how or what they did to cover up this. How they changed El-Mustapha's birth certificate and everything.

One day she would spill everything. Even if it would cost her, her life. That day would be the day she finally finishes her investigation.

If only she knew!

"Yes they broke up and I can't help but he happy. I hope she finds someone better." She said.

ElMustapha nodded and mumbled something under his breath.