Thirty six

You know when you don't feel the vibe about something anymore? That's what happened hence the long silence! I've totally forgot about where i stopped in this book such that i didn't even know i have typed this chapter since! Sorry for the long wait, by the way.

Am I forgiven?

Lest I forget, assalamu alaikum my beautiful readers. How have you guys been?

****

Adeelah's father paced and paced within his parlor. He's completely drenched in sweat. How could he cover this up before the wedding day? He dialed Beebo's number.

"Beebo stop playing this jokes. You and I know I didn't kill your sister Rahama. Wallahi I didn't."

Beebo laughed.

"Rabi'u Danbatta. You will have to recall some things because i can see that you're getting older."  Her voice was venemous. Abba coughed hard.

"Don't you remember still? Do i need to make an appearance in two days time? Do you remember Yar tsana? Have ever tell Aayat that Ammar is mine and your son? Oh now i forgot you don't know about that? How about if i tell you that i nurtured Ameer and he thinks i am his mother? How does this sounds? If I tell Adeelah that you killed her mother? Cool eh?"

"Beebo cut off those lies!"

"If you say so." And she cut the call. Abba tried to call her a number of times but he couldn't reach her. He just wanted to faint so that he the wedding would be canceled. He wanted to fake illness but what if Beebo does something grave? He needed to see her in the morning. She shouldn't do this to him. If she wouldn't spare him for Allah's sake, she should for his children.

*******

Adeelah didn't hear from Abba. They weren't throwing a big party. It was just the wedding Fatiha and walima then conveyance of bride. She had had sleepless nights this days. Who would she talk to about all these? Maybe Ammar would be the right person since at least he knew something.

She had been having cold feet. Hajiya Sadiya wouldn't stop with her unending lectures. Ya Nafeesah wouldn't stop disturbing her with videocalls as she wasn't back yet. Haneey was filming every single thing Adeelah did. Adeelah didn't care about everything. Right now all she had been thinking was what she heard from Abba. She didn't care about Ameer now. The whole atmosphere was mourning around her. She didn't feel like a wedding was going on at all.

******

Hidaya waited for Ameer to come out from bathroom and head for the mosque for the wedding fatiha. When she checked her time and it's almost an hour she decided to check for herself.

"Sweetheart!" She called while knocking the door. She then raised her eyebrows and pushed the door. There she met no one greeting her in the bathroom. Where was he?

She checked everywhere in the house and she couldn't find him. She began to panic then she called his mother. She couldn't reach her. Hidaya walked out and saw Ameer's car in it's normal place. The leaves from the neem tree near by had fallen on it randomly as always.

She went back in and dialed his number. It rang and saw the phone right there on top of his bed. Hidaya didn't know when she began to cry. She knew people would accuse her. They will say she's behind everything because he's getting married. Ya Rahman, Ya Raheem. She picked a veil and walked out of the house.

******

People from all angles were trooping in and out of Adeelah's house. Many people from her father's side were in the house since a week to the wedding. It was just ten in the morning but aromas of food filled the air.