51

"Good morning Adeelah." Adeelah heard Muhammad's voice behind her, so she smiled.

"Good morning bro." She greeted in return. After their little joke last night, she felt close to him and felt like giving him a name. She didn't know why but this man felt familiar to her. When he carried in the hospital, she felt peaceful perhaps it's because at that time all she craved for, was peace and since he was her husband, she felt that with him. Maybe it was natural.

He chuckled, his brow lifted. This girl was interesting. "Bro zone?"

Adeelah laughed at his expression. "Yeah I can't think of anything. Abba is still missing."

His face changed to a sad expression. He didn't mutter anything though but Adeelah knew he was sorry so instead of wallowing in sadness, she decided to let the topic drain.

"Lets go and sit in the parlor. I want us to play a game. Innit?" He nodded, thanking God for helping him out. He wasn't used to consoling people or encouraging them so that's why he remained quiet. When Adeelah's hand caught his, he was made to heave in mass of air. This girl!

As they sat on the cushion, facing each other, he noticed that she's super active that morning. She had set her worries aside obviously.

"Stop looking at me that way. I have miraculously grown past worrying. My brothers are taking care of the case, I'm praying too. My sadness won't bring Abba back anyway." Although she tried to sound alright, he could feel her breaking. She was just being so strong. He had never seen someone as strong as her, someone that bottled up so much. It's not easy going through phase after phase consecutively. Other people would run crazy but Adeelah was holding herself altogether. It made him realize that once your imaan is intact, things get easier for you.

"May Allah reveal his whereabouts soon." Adeelah mumbled an ameen.

So when she looked at him, she smiled. She wanted to play this game so she could have some ideas on who this Adeel was.

"Questions and answers? Or maybe dare?" She asked, with an objective in her mind. Perhaps with that way he would spill. If he didn't, she would use another way she learnt from an Indian movie.

Anjali? Sharma. She remembered the question and answer drill between a father and his daughter.

Muhammad shrugged. "Whichever one you choose. It's your game afterall."

"Questions first. Where did you first see me and why did you marry me on my wedding day?"

Muhammad released a deep breath. "I first saw you weeks before your friend's wedding. Fatimah is her name i think. And why i married you is because i want to marry you."

Adeelah remained quiet. "Why did you attempt to call me Dillaliya?"

"Because i heard it from your chauffeur, Salisu. And i just wanted you to feel comfortable, like to have a feeling that i know you." Truth was he had gathered alot of information about her before he met her just to sound familiar and nothing else. Immediately after the wedding fatiha, he set to get those information and that's why he didn't feel like an alien to her.

"I thought you wanted to confuse me. Because that my chauffeur is one twisted man."

Muhammad pretended not to hear the last sentence so he added. "That being said, i am to travel very soon so i talked to him about coming back to be your chauffeur and errand boy again when i leave. At least you don't have to feel weird. Is that okay with you?"

If Adeelah said her heart didn't pound, it would be the biggest lie of the century. She felt her heart thumping with a high pressure. What was Muhammad saying? Did he know Salisu was her ex? If he knew, he wouldn't dare bring him under the same roof with Adeelah. So she managed to contain herself.