TWENTY ONE

"Miss or Mrs?" Adeelah bit her lower lip at the question. She just received a call and that's what the caller said immediately she picked up. Which one would she answer now? She felt her head pounding as it had been since last night.

"Miss Adeelah Rabi'u." She answered. She couldn't bring her self and admit she's actually married. After all it won't last for more than six months. Remembering she had to stay with Salisu for six months made her headache more terrible.

"Okay your package at the post office is available." There she remembered, she ordered for a fabric for Fatimah. She didn't even tell Fatimah that she was getting it for her. When they were browsing it on her phone, Fatimah liked it but said it was too expensive for her to buy. That prompted Adeelah to buy it for her and present it to her as a wedding gift alongside with other stuff. Talking of wedding, who could have thought she would get married earlier than Fatimah. Kun fa ya kun. Sure it it takes Allah to yes to a matter and so be it.

"I will send someone to collect it right way. Salisu is the name, once he comes." Adeelah ended the call and tasted Salisu's name again on her tongue. It made a lot of difference, just from last week and today, the name felt somehow to her. Just marvelous, her chauffeur was now her husband. She could imagine saying this to the world. How many people would laugh at her especially that they knew she wasn't in good terms with him.

Dropping from her bed, she quickly meandered out of her room and snaked outside, straight to where Salisu resided in their house. She didn't even know how to face him, well, she would try her best so that Malam Labaran wouldn't notice anything.

Standing afar from the room she rang him. The useless man didn't even know how to reply message if not she would've messaged him.

"Come." She said as if she's talking to her child. Salisu didn't say anything till Adeelah got tired and cut the call.

Minutes later, he came out in a Jallabiya.

"I have a package in the post office, I am not feeling so well to follow you there so kindly get yourself in the car and collect the package for me." She ordered.

"Good morning to you too," he looked around and saw that there was no one lurking. He left Malam Labaran snoring in the room.

"Wifey, so you dreamt of me, Allah sarki. I never know you could miss me this much." Adeelah sent him a deadly glare. She didn't know what's wrong it Salisu's brain. Maybe he had something wrong in there.

"I know you heard what I said."

Salisu scratched his head with a laughter. "Oh you talked of post office, right? So from where did you order the used products Dillaliya? Cotonou? China? Jeddah? I am sure they are high quality ones. Once you open the package I will love one thing or more for my fierce wife."

Adeelah humped. She whoosh, she puffed all in anger. This man! Why won't he understand that she hated him now, yeah she had start to soften up just few days ago but now she felt as if everywhere in her heart where he started settling had been blocked. He should get that before she kill him.

"Salisu get back in less than an hour!" With that, she walked away not listening to anything he would say.

Salisu had remained at the spot thinking of how to tame lioness Adeelah. She's too rude and if she were to be with someone in matrimony she would be divorced very early. Well, it's him, Salisu. She would gradually understand that he's not completely a dummy. He could act one, but he wasn't. He would try his best to keep her and he would try as much to show her that if she let him slide away from her grasp, she could hardly get him back. The ball was still in her court, she could roll it however she wanted. She could dabble it. Yeah. Because he allowed her to. If only she knew.