65: Epilogue

Two years later.

Adeelah.

When people say everything shall come to pass, i usually gape at them as though they grew some horns because it's so cliche. I hate to hear it, even. But now as i sit, waiting for my husband's return from London, I couldn't help but ponder on my life. When i say my life, all i could see before my eyes was this two years of bliss. He had been everything to me and more but of course, you know the life drill. Some days sweet, some days bitter.

We haven't had our baby yet, and i have been so worried like i have never been in my life. He hinted me that it was fine but nay! It would never be fine. Apart from this aspect of my life, everything was going smoothly.

I thank Allah for his endless blessings. He, my Lord is the Most compassionate and the most Loving.

True, i had had some scars in my heart due to the happenstances of my life. To be truthful, i still remember the worst days of my life but they do not pain anymore. Sometimes you just learn to live with the reality.

My relationship with my parents, Abba and Ummah was nice and still growing like never before.

The relationship between me and myself was also improving. We tend to forget that, my minds, our hearts and our bodies need inspections time to time. And what i had learnt to keep my mind in check was writing my thoughts out. You see, after everything finally settled, i saw a therapist that taught me this technique.

Funny how amongst my problems was Salisu himself. It was hard to balance between him being Salisu and ElMustapha and even Adeel.

Him being Salisu was that man that annoyed the heck out of me, him being ElMustapha was that arrogant man. And him being Adeel was not the combination of both, it was another personality on its own. I realised i had never forgive him for being the Salisu in my life, i just learnt to accept the new him, so i had to let that out. With him being ElMustapha, i had to fight that feeling of dislike that sometimes surface in my heart even though i knew the ElMustapha i knew wasn't actually him. And then him being Adeel, was another thing on another level. So i had to section my book into different columns and write what i felt. At last i gave him the book because it was like reading my mind.

I could still remember how devastating his eyes looked after reading all that i felt about him. I just had to be honest with him. And i was, and it helped immensely.

Now i was fully settled mentally, Alhamdulillah.

It's so refreshing.

Nafeesah had moved on with life and she got married last year to someone else. We wished it was Muhammad but she couldn't bring her heart to it. She couldn't do it and there's no compulsion.

Shahid came once and i faced him instead of her. You know what I'm capable of doing. I made him apologize to her even though it won't add anything to her. I just hated the fact that somewhere in her heart, she still loved him then. She still wished things got right. It's hard watching her let him go for the best of it.

I sighed and glanced at time.

My Adeel was supposed to be back in few minutes. He was on a business trip because he's working on opening a juice extraction factory under my name. The perks of being a billionaire's wife. It took me a lot of time before i learnt to live with the fact that he would always spoil me with money.

He's now okay with sharing his wealth with Baffa Kabo and his son even though he knew they were still coming after him. The way he handled them was a mystery i could never solve.

We live in Abuja because most of his factories are here. I heard the zoom of the gate and walked to the door to receive him. I wanted to run throw him a hug but i saw that he was with Nawwar, his cousin. I mean his fake cousin since the Kabo family is fake. I hate the way she behaves around him and i had clearly showed my displeasure but he told me not to worry.