53

The Kabo family woke up to a tragedy that morning.

As the whole family mourned, El-Mustapha sat down as though he's unaffected with the whole death.

It's the shocking phase for him, of disbelief. As much as he wanted to believe it happened, his mind opposed it.

The death of Baba Kabo had shaken him to the core.

Whilst everyone cried for the loss, his eyes wandered to Baffa Kabo and saw how pitiful he looked. Well, he pulled the act well for a brother who lost his only brother that remained. His eyes were very red and his eyes were hollow.

Some part of his heart wanted to believe that he knew nothing about the death, as per the person behind the death of Baba Kabo.

Although it looked like a natural death, and was announced today, El Mustapha knew that Baba Kabo died two days ago. He had called a doctor to do an autopsy secretly and tell him the result.

Now, things were too much for him. It's been  days since he left Adeelah at France and he knew her family must be panicking now.

Instead on dwelling on the thoughts of who had possibly killed his father figure, he stood up. He met a few prople whom he exchanged and accepted condolences from. He's alerted that Baffa's eyes had been perched on his movements. So he decided to go back and sit for now. He would mourn for seven days with the family here at Kaduna before they leave for London.

Meanwhile, he would find a way to communicate with Muhammad about the strings that held them and then the woman between them. For now, family first. The fake family first , just to avoid suspicion because he knew he's being closely watched. Very closely.

*****

Seven days later, Salisu showed up before Muhammad's door with his bag. When he knocked, with a grin on his face, he expected to have Muhammad there with a gloomy face but unexpectedly, Muhammad had a grin plastered on his face as if the world was on his favor.

"You come in." He gestured him in. Salish grinned again and mumbled a thanks.

Once in and seated, his eyes dropped on a diary book. Suddenly he's filled with the urge to flip over the pages and see what's in it.

"Water or tea?" Muhammad asked.

"Coffee with zero cream." Absentmindedly, Salisu answered. That coming, Muhammad was forced to stop and walk back. Salisu barely noticed because his mind was far away.

Muhammad's instinctively smiled. No way he's letting Salisu out of that house without hearing what he wanted to hear. But for now, coffee it's. He would like to see where this will head to. Like it's very crazy. Suddenly, he felt like Adeelah was safe. Hell, if that turned right, he would be so glad. He's a former SS and he had a trained mind to know if a man was hiding behind an identity. Surely, Salisu was a disguise persona. But he wanted to know why.

Brewing the coffee was the fastest thing he did. Once in the parlor, with duo cups on the table, he decided to try a trick.

"My wife, Adeelah will be out soon."

He nearly sighed in triumph because there's no way he would miss the slight wave of shock that passed through Salisu's face. It's intriguing.

"Oh nice." Salisu mouthed.

"So you said your name is Salisu?" Muhammad picked. So Salisu couldn't help but bust out a laugh.

"I think we are better off all this. I mean we should be straightforward rather than beating around the bush, suspecting each other. Shouldn't we?" Muhammad was surprised that was coming from Salisu.