55

Jumu'at Mubarak. Don't forget to recite Suratul Kahafi and send alot of Salawat to Rasulillah S.A.W.

******

Muhammad's diary.

Mama said i will be a big brother soon. She now has a big belly and she said there's a baby in it. I asked her when will the baby come out and she said soon.

I can't wait to play with the baby.

Yesterday when Baba came back from work, he brought me a parrot. He didn't speak. His mouth is black. But Mama said it's called a beak. It's skin is ash. Mama said it's called feather. I love Mama because she taught me new things. I love Baba because he bought me things but he didn't use to stay. He said he would start staying soon. He said he's staying in Nigeria because he's contesting for precedent. Oh Mama said it's President. It means a leader of a country.

Few pages further.

Baba has a friend named Mahmoud. I don't like him. He doesn't seem like a good friend. He likes touching my younger brother too. I had seen him draw blood from his arm but Mama said it's my imagination. Okay Mama is always right. I like calling her Mama and she likes it when i say Mammy. Mama is easier but i say Mammy sometimes. I love her. I love my little brother, Adeel. I love Baba. But I don't like Baba's friend. Bye bye. Gotta go play with baby Adeel. Mama said his name is El-Mustapha but it's Baba's father's name. So we call him Adeel. Sometimes i like to call him with his real name.
It's night and i am writing again. I have seen a scar on Adeel's arm. I told Mama and she said there's no scar even though she's seen it. She shooed me away and i am angry that's why i am writing. I hope nothing happens to my baby brother.

Five pages further.

It's Adeel's birthday and he's spending the day with me in Baba's friend's house because they bought a cake. There's a woman like my mother in the house and a boy like my brother. Her name is Maami. I like her, you see she's nice. She fed us cake and water and sweet and candies. We went back home. I liked the place. I can tell Adeel liked her too. But I don't feel good because when i wanted to use the restroom i saw Baba Mahmoud and another man talking.

They're whispering but my ears are sharp. "We should make sure those properties papers come in handy before we kill him. Hassan will go first. He trusts Hassan more than me." The other man said.

"Yeah that's why i have been visiting the house like Hassan sent me. And I'm getting his kids closer. Hence i invited them for the birthday. It's all part of the plan."

I was shaking even when we left the house. I told Mammy and she said I'm talking too much as a nine year old. So i will never talk about him again. I will stop thinking about him. Maybe Mammy is right, i am only imagining. Bye for now. I have home fun to do and play with Adeel.

*****

Muhammad had been at his worst ever since Adeelah disappeared. He hated the look he'd always seen displayed by her step mother, Hajiya Sadiya. For the first time ever in his life, he saw a step mum who's motherly inlove with a child from her husband. He could assure that she's not even faking it and she's not doing it because she's afraid that once Adeelah's father's back, he would blame her. No, it's a genuine concern.

He remembered sitting beside her, feeling so remorseful than ever, feeling as if he'd failed to protect Adeelah from the monsters put there, feeling that he's disappointed Adeelah and her family. In no time, his eyes was filled with mist of his weakness. He's not allowed to cry, at least not when Hajiya Sadiya and Nafeesah were deeply sobbing.