63

Muhammad and ElMustapha's flight landed around eight in the evening so they just lodged a hotel and decided to spend the night there. They were there to see their mother and bring her back into their lives. Maami had revealed to him the exact area where their mother's side of the family resided. She said though, she had never reached to her ever since the unfortunate event. So, they decided to go about finding her as the family house was a famous household name in her country. The Abdallah Asadullah family.

"I wonder if she did married again or something. Or how she escaped the fire accident with none of her kids." Muhammad lamented.

ElMustapha smiled. "Reports said she died in the fire and her remnants couldn't be traced. But Maami said if she's alive, then she's in her hometown."

The two brothers only kept quiet because they didn't like to think about it. Its only a matter of few hours before the night folds and they would know better. So the next morning after breakfast, they started off the journey to their mother's family house.

When they arrived, they pulled off their feet and exchanged looks.

"I will stay while you enter. You look more like her." ElMustapha mumbled to Muhammad. Muhammad eyed him like he was not serious.

"You're the elder, so in you should go."

"Let's go together then."

The gateman only stared at them as they bantered. As per his normal duty, he didn't used to allow guests or strangers till they place a call with the intercom at the gate. When they approached him, he concluded that they were family even though he had never seen them. So he called in the house and said there were guests coming in. ElMustapha and Muhammad were seeing wonders and wondering if they had grew up there how life would have been.

When they set their foot in the giant compound, their bodies froze of nervousness.

"Are we going to be like, hello good morning, we came searching for our mother or what?" ElMustapha asked which made Muhammad laugh.

"Watch me." Right then, an old tall man dressed in a kaftan walked out with his staff with a young woman beside him talking heedlessly as if she wouldn't stop.

"Oldie, you have to start jogging soon because your leg is so fine."

"Oldie, if you don't stop complaining how will i marry you?" She pursed her lips, her hands in the old man's back while she assisted him walk slowly. His white beard which was nearly touching his neck, became their focus as she pulled the beard.

"You know you need a shave ha? I want you to look as young as ever." She continued to ramble. Just then ElMustapha decided they had heard enough so he coughed in a such a way that her attention was diverted towards them.

She and the old men looked at them until they was crease on their foreheads while Muhammad and ElMustapha stood there like new statues. They didn't even know how to react till the old man opened his mouth in an attempt to talk but nothing came out.

"Oh oldie don't bother yourself. I understand to give them a place to sit. Even though they look like criminals."

She narrowed her eyes at them. "Hayya, follow me." The gentlemen smiled before they followed her to a place which seemed to be like guest room.

Muhammad was looking better than ElMustapha who sat like a theif.

"Oldie stammers and due to old age he finds it hard to talk. As you sit here i hope you know that my co wife died a while ago so it's just me and oldie in the house. My brother often travels though."

Elmustapha noticed that the young girl wouldn't talk much if she didn't at aleast found them worthy to be trusted. So when the old man sat down and they were welcomed with grapes. They ate in silence.