Thirty Three

Salisu didn't reply the man. He only stared at the man's eyes. As if he knew him somewhere. The man looked away feeling guilt eating him up. If only Salisu knew the things the man knew, Salisu wouldn't have been Adeelah's chauffeur. They arrived at a house and Salisu's hands were tied before he was led into the magnificent house. The hallways were long, emanating strong perfume that made Salisu dizzy. His mouth was now covered with a piece of clothes as they walked further whilst the man with the mask lead them on.

Soon they arrived at a room where the door slid and Salisu was pushed through. He couldn't tell how much money was spent there but he knew finding a house like that in Abuja would be difficult.

"You sit here until boss orders." Salisu looked at the man that said that. He wondered what they wanted with him. Was this what his mother was avoiding? Did Adeelah tell someone about the fire incident he told her? He's sure she didn't. But why did this man maybe kidnapped him? He then remembered to pray. Prophet Yunus when the fish swallowed him, he recited, "la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minaz-zalimin," he remembered that his teacher who taught him since he came to Abuja told him that. Salisu repeated that completely while his heart thud.

The door flung open and the man in mask came in with different attire but with same mask.

"Are you wearing a disguise?" He asked Salisu.

"No!" Salisu answered him. The man walked to where Salisu was with a blade, placing it near his face.

The man smiled. "What if I don't agree with you?"

"That's your wish."

"You're joking. You don't joke with men like me. I have been monitoring you for a while but i just don't trust you. Meanwhile i feel like just letting you be." The man said with a slow tone, he swiped around and cut Salisu's cheek. Blood drizzled, so the man grimaced. That's Salisu's real face then.

Salisu winced. The man looked at him and again, stared at him before he removed something from his pocket and blew a powder to Salisu's face. He went unconscious immediately. The man removed a syringe from his pocket and began taking Salisu's blood sample. He checked Salisu's leg for strands of hair and pluck some. He smiled and called someone from outside.

"Take him back to his house." The man nodded and together with another man, they took Salisu out to the car.

Once out, the man removed his mask.

"Your name is not Salisu man. I'm doing this for your own good. Mine and yours." He put back the mask and walked out with his samples.

*****

"You're so quiet Salisu. Are you feeling nostalgic?"

Salisu remained silent.

"Salisu I don't like this silence. I don't like what? This silence."

He cleared his voice. "Do you still want your divorce?" Adeelah wiped her head up. Di...

"Divorce Salisu?"

"Aren't you and Ameer sharing a thing?"

"I... he took back his wife and i feel like uh nuh. And you too, what will you do?" She didn't know when she spilled it. By Allah she felt bad for saying it out. It wasn't wise of her but she knew Salisu he would act like it was nothing. She was just sure that's why she felt better.

Salisu smiled loudly. "I don't understand Adeelah."

"Salisu you said Adeelah. I don't like it." She pursed her lips forward which he dound adorable. He focused on the road ahead him. It was a long journey. He needed to talk to her though. He parked the car by the side of the road.

"What do you want?"

"Say Dillaliya, spill all you want. Tease me, make me angry and all!" She yelled.

Salisu knew this girl right here loved him and he knew what's holding her back. She would keep on saying 'He is my chauffeur' in her mind and that's all that will stop her from admitting.

He loved her, so deep. If only she knew for how long he knew her. If only her father knew, if only and most importantly her mother was alive.

He knew he's not worthy of her love. True, he didn't attend the university nor the islamversity. None. He had a bald head, a half burnt face and he's poor too. All that were enough for Adeelah to say no. He knew.

"You're confused Adeelah. Calm down. If you love Ameer for the sake of Allah, I won't force you to stay with me. I will love to see you unite as one. If it's Mahmoud or Elmustapha you can say yes to them. Don't worry about me. I want the best for you. Whatever that makes you happy, that's it for me."

"Salisu I don't know. I love Ameer but his wife, he loves her."

Salisu chuckled.

"What's with his wife? Is she sitting on your lap? What i know is, once you zero your mind everything will be fine. Forget about her and please your husband to get your Jannah. You know what? You women don't know this. It's possible to love multiple women but there's always that one that stands. Her charisma, aura and her sense of understanding. The connection, the chemistry. All. Everything Dillaliya. I'm sure she won't be better than you. Don't let the thought of another woman dulls your shine. Never. If you love Ameer, go there with an open mind. I will give you a week to think over it. Do it snappy because even though Elmustapha is set to get married in two months he will still come for you but once you're married to Ameer, everything is done. You're safe. Or do you love him too?"

Adeelah blinked.

"Hold my hand Salisu."

"How much are you going to pay Dillaliya? They pay me to hold hands because my hand is endowed with softness that travels straight to the mushy part of lady's brain." He winked. Adeelah glared at me.

"Trust me Dillaliya. Ask Madam Sadem at the industry. She pays me to hold her hand. It's one thousand per second Dillaliya. A hug for a second is ten thousand per minute Dillaliya. Are you in for the Deal, Deallaliya?"

Salisu laughed out with Adeelah amidst her laughter she whined. "Stop this kind of joke Salisu. You're making me jealous!" Her voice sounded like she wanted to cry. They both realised what she said. Salisu didn't say a thing rather he looked at her deep in the eyes. Diving onto her soul, making her heart beat in double, her insides tousling. She break the gaze.

Salisu put the car to ignition and they began the journey ahead.

******

Ameer came to see Adeelah after a few days. He was so glad to see her. Abba came back to see them having a gist. They both greeted him then he walked away. When Ameer was about to go, Malam Labaran said Abba wanted to see him. There he told him if he was serious he should send his people.

Ameer left happily.

That night Abba called Salisu and explained to him. Very early in the morning, Salisu came and demanded to see Adeelah.

When she sat, he looked at her.

"You're my first love, you light my mood. However Abba explained everything to me. I wish you all the best. Happy marriage life in advance. And whenever you need me, i will be there. Always and forever." There, he dropped the white envelope he had been holding and stood to leave.

He didn't turn, he didn't say a word. His eyes had bagged tears in them. Adeelah picked the envelope without opening it, yet when she stood up, she fell there in faint.

She fainted. Because she knew all that envelope contained was the divorce!

*****

Whoah i felt like writing tonight😂😂😂

The last and this chapter are unedited please bear with me. Just read and tell me what you think.

Thank you.