42

Adeelah used her hand to encircle his neck when she felt like she's about to slip.

She slowly opened her eyes with an attempt to scream but her voice stuck in her throat when she looked at him. She couldn't form anything, she was surprised of how she wasn't able to do a thing till he walked out of the hospital and reached his car.

He opened the passenger's seat and put her there. He sighed and rounded to the other side.

He opened the door and sat on the drivers' seat. He turned on the air con and locked the doors.

"I heard you're so fierce but otherwise is what i sensed." He said after he has cleared his voice. His voice exude power and authority, Adeelah noticed. She didn't know how it happened but she just had the instinct that this man was her unknown husband. Was this the man she would spend the rest of her life with?

She remained quiet because she's so drained to start arguing about anything. At this point, even if it were Salisu she wouldn't mind him.

"Dill... Adeelah my name is Muhammad and I'm your husband." He mentioned softly. Adeelah was made to look at him swiftly. He said Dill... could he be Salisu?

Absentmindedly, she whispered very slowly.

"Salisu?" She watched at the man sent her weird glares that scared her.

"Muhammad, i said." He affirmed.

Adeelah blinked twice. She knew she was hallucinating especially when she looked at his smoothed caramel skin, full beard and pink small lips.

"Sorry." She muttered with a very low energy that spelled out how tired she was. Physically, emotionally and mentally!

They remained so quiet that Adeelah didn't know when she started dozing off.

All the while, he felt like looking at her because something about her sting him in the heart. Even though he married her for a reason, now he felt like keeping her for himself. But no, he couldn't be more selfish. He was thinking, with the cold entering his body when he began to sleep too and dreaming...

*****

Five year old Muhammad was playing on his scooter at the backyard when he saw his father with his friend at the balcony. They were drinking coffee while his father's friend was smoking. His father didn't smoke, he told him that only bad people smoke. So this Baba's friend must be bad.

Muhammad carried on, on his scooter. He badly wanted his baby brother to grow up so they would play together and mammy said he would grow up soon. He just couldn't wait! When he was tired of playing with the scooter, he hurried to a cage where he kept his parrot. He talked with the parrot as though he was human. He named his parrot, Noah.

"We don't like Baba's friend right? I usually have a nighmare with him, Noah. I don't know why. Perhaps because he smoked?" The parrot chirped. Muhammad clapped his hands happily that his Noah listened and agreed with him so he ran inside the house to meet his mammy in the kitchen.

Mammy stood tall, a half cast beautiful woman with her hair faling on her shoulder. Her eyes were mirroring window, as she wondered what her husband and his friend were discussing. She didn't like this particular friend of his.

"Mammy! Mammy!! Noah agreed with me!" He jumped. She turned with a smile and leveled to the height of her son. She kissed his cheek amd ruffled his ample hair.

"It did?"

"Yap mammy, Noah agreed daddy's friend is no good news." Her blood thinned in her vein. Even her little child didn't like him. Then something must be really odd with him. Not to instigate her son, she pulled his cheeks adorably.