◇50◇

🥀 Chapter 50 🥀

🥀 Chapter 50 🥀

"HEY, ANY SIGN of him yet?" Blyke asked nervously for the thousandth time within the last five minutes.

"Dude, will you cut it out?" Isen whisper-yelled. "You're making me anxious. Just let me focus!"

Understanding the effect of his nagging, Blyke gnawed the corner of his lips to prevent himself asking again. The school morning had began a bit ago, but no sigh of John yet. It would only be a matter of minutes.

This was their only chance at unmasking him once and for all.

"Look, it's Remi!" A fellow student said to her friend. The students were all aware that a showdown between Wellston's Queen and Joker would take place very soon. Everyone was on the edge on their toes.

Feeling the unnerving stare of someone behind her, Remi glanced back to see the one and only Joker, his infamous mask she was determined to reveal to everyone today. No matter what, she would not fail.

She would not let Rei down.

"O-Oh my god! It's Joker!"

"What's he doing here?!"

"Showdown with Remi?! Holy shit!"

"What do we do?!"

Her Queen side took control of the situation as she announced, "Everyone, this is going to get messy! Get to somewhere safe!" They didn't hesitate to flee from the scene until it was just the two of them. "Alright John, bring it on!"

For a split second, John's body stood in place, then suddenly charged toward Remi at an alarming pace. Luckily, she managed to lock his arm in a hold and send a wave of her electricity. She knew something was up when he blocked with his arm and barely took damage. Defensive form..?! Isn't that Zeke's ability?! Black lightning crackled around his body menacingly. So he started off with Zeke's ability...and now he has mine. Much sooner than I planned—!

There was no time for her to finish her though when John sent an attack her way.  I need to stall him as long as I can..and give Isen's and Blyke enough time to wear him down—ack!!

It was pointless. All of it was pointless.

Even with the combined power of Blyke's beams and Remi's lightning could keep John down. His anger when he found out of Isen's and Blyke's existence in the fight only fueled him more, and gave more of an excuse to inflict pain mercilessly. Not that he ever needed an excuse.