002

! chapter two !

! chapter two !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

HARRY ANGRILY BANGED HIS fists on his dresser from across the room, and Haven watched him, perched from her bed, with her eyes narrowed. A framed picture slid off the top of the piece of furniture, landing onto the floor with a light thud. She recognized it immediately, even from how far away she was. It was the one of their parents standing in front of a fountain as they smiled into the camera without a care in the world. She thought it was weird that she missed them, she didn't even know them.

"Do you mind not having a temper tantrum right now?" Haven demanded, crossing her legs as she shifted on her small cot. "I mean, we have to think. There has to be a way that we can tell the Ministry that you used magic in self defense."

With an apologetic look towards Hedwig's direction—who was sat on the dresser that he'd been beating on senselessly—Harry sat down on his own bed with a sad sigh. He glanced up at her, and she was surprised when she saw a small smile on his face. "Typical Ravenclaw. Always trying to solve the problems. Too bad you can't figure this one out, huh sis?"

"I'm not going to Hogwarts without you," Haven announced. "No way. You're my rock. I won't get through a month without you, never mind the entire year. I'm sure Dumbledore could—"

"No," Harry interrupted in a stern tone. "You're going. I'm not letting my stupidity ruin your life."

She opened her mouth to object, but her brother just shook his head, his shaggy hair falling back onto his forehead at the action. Haven sat back against the wall her bed was pushed up against, and watched him warily. His anger over the recent months was honestly terrifying. One minute, he was fine, the next she thought he was going to set her on fire with the wave of his wand. When his eyes met hers, and when his gaze didn't soften, his jaw didn't unclench, only then was when she nodded.

"Fine. But just know, I will be fighting the Ministry until they allow you back in."

"You're going to be doing that for a lifetime," Harry told her, making Haven roll her eyes as she stood up.

"You're morbid, you know that?"

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

Haven had been sleeping peacefully when she was shaken awake by a strong force. She cracked her eyes open to see Harry crouching over her, his wand within his grasp. She went to speak, but he quickly clamped his hand over her mouth, and pointed to their bedroom door. Haven watched in horror as the lock on the knob began to twist open on its own, and she reached her arm out towards the nightstand that separated their beds, and grabbed her wand.

The door swung open with a burst of light, temporarily blinding her as she stared into it. Haven blinked rapidly, making out the shapes of four people, maybe more.