036

! chapter thirty-six !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"HARRY! HAVEN!" HERMIONE'S VOICE called out, and the twins somehow managed to hear her, even over the chaotic sounds of panic that were going about in the hallway they were in. Both of them turned around, and Haven took a step down the stairs, getting closer to the brunette.

"Hermione and I have been thinking," Ron stated. "It doesn't matter if we find a Horcrux."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, sharing a confused look with Haven, who only shrugged once she couldn't figure out where he was going with his statement.

"Unless we can destroy it."

"So we were thinking—"

"—Actually, Ron was thinking," Hermione corrected, and Haven's face broke out into a knowing smirk. "It was Ron's idea. Completely brilliant."

"You guys destroyed Tom Riddle's diary with the basilisk fang right? Well, me and Hermione know where we might find one."

"Okay," Harry nodded, finally understanding what they meant. He handed them the Maurder's Map. "But take this."

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked once he started up the stairs again.

"Ravenclaw common room."

"I told you, Harry," she said sharply, catching him by the sleeve. "There's nothing in there that could be a Horcrux."

"Well then where do you suppose we go?" He demanded as the couple ran off. Haven pondered for a moment, before an idea sprang in her head, and she tugged on her brother's hand, leading him back down the staircase. "Where are you taking me?"

"You really don't listen, do you?" Haven questioned, scoffing. "I said not a person alive as seen the diadem. Our only lead is to talk to someone who's dead. And I know exactly who we could start with."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"She'll be down there," Haven informed, pointing into the room. The hallway was dark, there weren't any torches even lit. It was freezing down there, too. Most people were afraid of Ravenclaw's ghost, she wasn't exactly scary, but she did get offended very easily, which was enough for people to pretend she didn't exist. This led to the hallway becoming abandoned, most students would tend to avoid going down it.

"You're not coming with me?"

"She's...very shy. Normally gets scared off when there's more than one person talking to her at a time. And do not call her the Grey Lady, she will go apeshit." Haven shoved him into the corridor. "And hurry up, will you? We've haven't got all day."

"You've changed," he mumbled, before shaking his head and turning a corner. Harry quickly went out of sight shortly after. All Haven could do was lean against the wall to keep an eye out. Thunder crackled from outside, and she suppressed a shiver. The sun hadn't been out in months, but the sky seemed to somehow be even darker in that moment. Crossing her arms over her chest, she glanced out the window, watching as the professors from the courtyard down below formed a shield above the school, like a large dome. Haven knew it wouldn't last, but she was grateful that at least they were given some extra time.